Original WIP Topic

Started by jdee-barc, June 22, 2012, 07:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
That looks amazing!!!! It looks sooo much more like the movie than the failed SWBF2 kashyyyk. ( i really hate the layout of that map, another reason SWBF1 is better. )

------------Map Showcase #2 -----------

YAVIN IV: ABANDONED OASIS
It's basically the remains of a large temple spread over a long plain, through a small forest, over a lake and to an island connected by a long bridge

These trees are a problem, though.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
The Screens
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Looks great!
Sick Dark trooper btw.  :tu:

Update. The Dark trooper, after some annoying crashes, is now the Yao Ming of SWBF.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Also, I'm trying to create a cool flying effect for the TIE Defender, using the model itself in the effect. Here's an early preview with a temporary skin (I need to figure out how to get a wireframe for the effect model)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Current Projects:

September 01, 2012, 02:49:08 PM #124 Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:54:23 PM by jdee-barc
------MAPS SHOWCASE------
GEONOSIS: SPIRES Extended.
CW Era: Made by Gogo12 for this mod, heavily changed by me
GCW era: Made by gogo12 for this mod, minimally edited by me.

Here's screens of the CW map that I'm trying to recreate to be like the alpha-build geonosis seen in early developer shots of BF1. Except I changed the sky/lighting/world fx file

[spoiler]
The Republic Command Base

The Main Control point in the battlefield

The Dust plains+Technounion ships

More Dust plains+Techno union ships

The Spire and Techno Union ships behind it

The landing platform in ep2.

[/spoiler]
Current Projects:

Nice jdee. That Geonosis map looks really cool and fun to play in. You will have to release it a side from the mod!
P.S. Last pic=awesome!!!! Do geo fighters fly out of it or is it just for show?

The white arrow is a spawnpoint for a geonosian fighter and That's also a spawnpoint for geonosians and the Count. Other than that, the platforms just a prop.
Current Projects:

September 01, 2012, 02:56:14 PM #127 Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:03:06 PM by kitfisto15678 {GLT} Commander
Ok, I really am looking forward to this map!!! Do you think you can release it as a preview of your mod? Like CW era is stock sides and GCW era is your clone wars edited sides?

Maybe. If I can reduce the filesizes of CIS and REP, than probably so.
Current Projects:

Quote from: jdee-barc on September 01, 2012, 03:00:00 PM
Maybe. If I can reduce the filesizes of CIS and REP, than probably so.
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think there is a way to reduce filesize of sides by taking out the unecessary stuff for that specific map...
I am really hoping you can release this map seperate because that looks freaken awesome!!!

EDIT: here ya go: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3485.msg44748#msg44748 hope it helps!

September 01, 2012, 03:12:13 PM #130 Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:22:40 PM by jdee-barc
Looking extremely promising, Geonosis looks especially good.
If only the Self-Propelled Heavy Artillery had been made, that would be amazing gravy.

Yes those are pretty awesome vehicles.
Question jdee, are ALL the techno union ships destructible CP's? and will ther be gunships? and are the 2 ships by the command center destructible CP's as well?

Psych0fred has the model and basic odf for it up on his website under Psych0Projects\BetaVehicles\SPHAT or something. I have enough content for the rep sides and for geonosis so I don't think I'll be using it.
Current Projects:

September 02, 2012, 11:07:19 AM #133 Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:47:31 AM by jdee-barc
Misc. Screens/Minor Updates.
1. I've decided to give each side a "Monster" unit. ie. A really big/tall guy with higher health (700-800) instead of the default 300), and bigger weapons

The Empire has the Darktrooper
The CIS Has the Assault Droid as its "monster". Armed with a Concussion Missile Launcher, A Droid Rifle (so small for the guy that he just wields it like a pistol), and 3 Concussion Grenades
[spoiler][/spoiler]
The Rebels/Militia have the Wookiee
The Republic has the Clone Gunner

2. Clone Wars era Spy Units
Assassin Droid, This guy can send a tiny recon droid to sneak behind enemy lines and then detonate itself, causing widespread destruction and then he wipe out everyone with his Bulldog Rocket Rifle, Repeating Sniper Rifle, and Time Bombs.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Clone
[spoiler][/spoiler]

3.The 212th Attack Battalion on Mos Eisley
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

4. Using the Random Clone Legion script, to generate a different clone legion for every map. In this screen shot, its the 91st instead of the 212th on Mos EIsley
[spoiler][/spoiler]

5.The Vulture Droid Fighter firing its rockets
[spoiler][/spoiler]

6.Engineer Droid using his Shotgun on a Tusken
[spoiler][/spoiler]

7.Raxus Prime Screenshots. Screenshots of the main battle, and of me as a Jet Droid sneaking around on top of props and in the elevated sewers.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

8. I never showed you guys the Darktrooper's secondary weapon, did I? It's a High-velocity Wrist Rocket.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

9. The Theta-Class Shuttle in Action on Kashyyyk
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Current Projects:

I really like the 212th Jet Trooper! Raxus Prime looks like a super fun map.
Btw, I talked to gogo12 and he said he will release the Nar Shaddaa map when he gets around to it. ( I also asked him to release Raxus Prime :P )
P.S. Can't wait for the Geonosis: Alpha Spire map!