[WIP] Hunting Grounds

Started by Hardcore, August 23, 2009, 12:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok, so well i play alot of co-op, SP and many MP games but what i enjoy the most is a good co-op with a few people and alot of huge explosions and yelling.

Sadly, my main games just don't have the ability to give me this.... Cod4 has nothing of the sort, SWBF has nothing of the sort and most of the others have nothing like it... so i'm making a mod to please this side of me, its not a huge mod just some unit edits in a strange way and some map editing (Will need someone to help with the mapping/munging side)

Basically i want to make a hunting grounds, fill it with targets and start blasting away with my favorite weapons I was considering borrowing BD's SnD map and putting non destroy/cappable CPs in their stead. have the bots just run around and be bantha fodder!

The Hunters i will give ether a huge laser that takes a long time to reload, or a big missile, one det grenade and they'll blend into the map via skin/model edits.

The Hunted will be a surprise for everyone other then the mapper and myself :)

So, Huge explosions...check, Big guns......check, awesome mod overall.....TBD.

Updates soon.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Explosions, you say? Big guns, you say? Mapping and munging help, you say?

I'll gladly help you out if you need it :D (I'll also donate my SnD map for this if you need it, however only you and I can touch that, nobody else gets my source files  :whip:)

Just something you may want to note: you can use the "SetHeroClass()" function on regular spawn-capable units and doing so makes all units of that class charge towards CP's while ignoring other classes which are set as heroes through the same function. Not sure if it can be used on more than one class, though.
"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

It sounds very interesting, I can't wait!

Looks sweet. I've always loved hunted/hunter type games.
Playing SWBF on a Mac Since 4.6 years ago!

Update: Been a while from when i posted this and finally got around to actually doing some work on it, have the weapon ODF for the hunters weapon set up about half way, however i am wondering for the model, this weapon i plan to use has no scope/laser sighting system so i would like to ask anyone who knows of a long barrle rifle model with no scope to please let me know - this is what i'd like to skin it to look like:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/a9/Czerka6-2Aug2_negwt.jpg

Ofcorse it doesn't have to look perfectly like that i'm not going to make a new model however if someone else is willing to or just wants to i'd use it without question.

So if you know of a model released by someone else that fits this style even, or just want to make one please let me know so i can get more going on this.

Also for those who are wondering, the Hunted will be Ewok's...yeah i'm keeping it simple for the first time perhaps later on if i make another one of these it'll be something more interesting :)

Looks nice, however the weapon does have a cartridge taking away from the "laser" rifle perspective, also.....its missing a trigger?

As for the Wampa, i did think of using that but the more i thought i decided i wanted the target to be small so it can sneak around.

This sounds interesting. It will be for BF1 right?
Legos, the greatest toy known to man

Quotes from the battlefield.

"FOR THE REPUBLIC!", "Bu-bye!" - Clone Trooper

"Bang", "We need more troopers like you!"- Stormtrooper

"Failure is NOT an option. Fight HARDER!" - I made him mad (=9)

Yes it will be, still working on some ins and outs on the sides being why its taking so long, creating some stuff thats not been done so...

I can't wait for this map to come out!
Legos, the greatest toy known to man

Quotes from the battlefield.

"FOR THE REPUBLIC!", "Bu-bye!" - Clone Trooper

"Bang", "We need more troopers like you!"- Stormtrooper

"Failure is NOT an option. Fight HARDER!" - I made him mad (=9)

nice, think it will make the dos date?

Sadly this will not, i'm not the greatest modder, and this is a side project to most of my other projects so, it'll come when it gets done- not in the beta stages yet even.