I'm giving away dota 2

Started by aeria., February 19, 2013, 07:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you want Dota 2, post here. I have 10 copies to give out.

If the number of people is >10 by tomorrow night, I'll resort to random.org for a fair drawing.

With that said if you have a feeling that you won't be playing the game much due to poor PC/serious lack of time (like me), then please be considerate to others who actually want to play the game.

You guys got 24 hours!

#TYBG

February 19, 2013, 07:28:40 PM #2 Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:45:06 PM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on February 19, 2013, 07:15:08 PM
What is Dota?

It stands for Defense of the Ancients.  The original DOTA was, I believe, a modification of the game World of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (or was it Frozen Thrones, the expansion pack?).  Anyway, it's a massively online battle, like League of Legends.  In DOTA, I believe you pick a hero and then play the game like a real time strategy-role playing game hybrid.

ETA: Aeria, you're awesome for the offer but I don't have as much free time as I would like.

Quote from: BlackScorpion on February 19, 2013, 07:28:40 PM
It stands for Defense of the Ancients.  The original DOTA was, I believe, a modification of the game World of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (or was it Frozen Thrones, the expansion pack?).  Anyway, it's a massively online battle, like League of Legends.  In DOTA, I believe you pick a hero and then play the game like a real time strategy-role playing game hybrid.

Just now briefly read-up about it, it was a modification of both, World of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and the Frozen Thrones expansion pack.

And before anyone asks, I do not have any intentions on getting/playing this game.

Republic Commando and BlackScorpion gets Dota 2!

The other 8 copies will be put... on facebook

#TYBG

Quote from: aeria. on February 20, 2013, 05:57:10 PM
Republic Commando and BlackScorpion gets Dota 2!

The other 8 copies will be put... on facebook

While I appreciate the offer, I don't think I have the free time; other people will get more use of it than I would. :-P

To my knowledge it is still in closed beta. You can get in by receiving an invite from a friend or by buying the early access pass. Although it may have launched properly since Valve keeps handing out invites of it to people who already have it like it won't be around tomorrow.

If aeria runs out(unlikely) I have a few invites myself still that I can give to you.

Dota 2 plans to stay in closed beta until they feel that the game deserves to be open. Meanwhile, you can purchase early access for 15 dollars... or you can get invited by a friend.

Think of it as a really open.... closed beta.

:)

#TYBG