Your Top Picks for Planets and Races

Started by Ultimo, August 23, 2015, 05:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Out of all the planets and races in Star Wars, including the Expanded Universe, what are your favorite Planets/Moons and what are your favorite Races? (The race you choose does not have to live on the planet you choose!)

Planet: Christophsis
Race: Lurmen
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Planet: Coruscant

Race: Well, I've lived among the human race for quite a while, and I like them, so I prefer human. :P

August 24, 2015, 04:54:41 PM #3 Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 04:56:20 PM by {PLA} Van STING
Tatooine, and since everyone naturally trust/prefer people that are related to them: the Genetically European looking race. Human is a species.

Quote from: {PLA} Van STING on August 24, 2015, 04:54:41 PM
Tatooine, and since everyone naturally trust/prefer people that are related to them: the Genetically European looking race. Human is a species.
True, but in sci-fi humanity's nationality is most often merged together, hence the term "the human race". :P

Since I am trying to stay on the Fiction side... what are your favorite non-human races in the Star Wars universe? lol
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

For some reason I've always liked the Arconas, and I like Trandoshans and Jawas.

August 24, 2015, 10:11:38 PM #7 Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:38:09 AM by Unit 33
The Vuvrian has a fantastically inspired design. You can tell they didn't simply create a giant papier-mâché blob and shove eyes in it.

(this is the guy Luke sold his landspeeder to. Can you imagine it driving that thing?)

Quote from: Unit 33 on August 24, 2015, 10:11:38 PM
The Wioslea has a fantastically inspired design. You can tell they didn't simply create a giant papier-mâché blob and shove eyes in it.

(this is the guy Luke sold his landspeeder to. Can you imagine it driving that thing?)

I think that may be the wackiest alien I've ever seen. They definitely did a fantastic job at making it seem evolutionary plausible. Is it very noticeable in the movie? I never noticed it.
I think they were going to have a giant praying mantis in the bar, or did they actually have it in the movie?

Quote from: {PLA} Van STING on August 24, 2015, 11:43:50 PM
I think that may be the wackiest alien I've ever seen. They definitely did a fantastic job at making it seem evolutionary plausible. Is it very noticeable in the movie? I never noticed it.
I think they were going to have a giant praying mantis in the bar, or did they actually have it in the movie?
I can't remember this shot in the film, you definitely see 'her' wandering around.

Favourite non-human species? I've been fond of the Twi'lek species for quite some time. :P

Quote from: Unit 33 on August 24, 2015, 10:11:38 PM
The Vuvrian has a fantastically inspired design. You can tell they didn't simply create a giant papier-mâché blob and shove eyes in it.

Totally not something that would have scared me for a life as a child. As for my picks I would gooooooo wiiiiiiiiiiiiith... Coruscant and Wookies.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."