Hand Switch Mod

Started by Ultimo, August 11, 2015, 08:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Has anyone made a mod for SWBF that allows you to switch what hand the gun is held in-game? If nobody replies yes in the next few days, then I intend to be the first to do it and will get started. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

If you do this that will be the most amazing thing ill ever see. :D

Hmm, so it would be left-handed firing instead of right-handed?

I don't believe it has ever been made, so I believe you could go fourth and do it. It'll be interesting to be firing a gun left-handed, and ironic, since I'm left-handed myself, but only play games where the gun is fired right-handed. :P

Yes, GM. I'm hoping I can make this switchable with its own tab on the menus. So you can choose between right or left at will... simply if that is possible.

This mod will probably take me a while since I am still a noob to the whole modding scene.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: chameleon on August 11, 2015, 06:54:53 PM
Yes, GM. I'm hoping I can make this switchable with its own tab on the menus. So you can choose between right or left at will... simply if that is possible.

This mod will probably take me a while since I am still a noob to the whole modding scene.

If possible, could you bind a key to it? Like to switch between 1st and 3rd Person you press Q.
Also, would this be available for Multiplayer seeing as you're trying to make an option for it in the menu?
Sounds like a nice idea
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: MileHighGuy on August 11, 2015, 08:11:14 PM
are you referring to the -lefthanded msh.option parameter?

Explain, please. Is this already available?...

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on August 11, 2015, 08:08:22 PM
If possible, could you bind a key to it? Like to switch between 1st and 3rd Person you press Q.
Also, would this be available for Multiplayer seeing as you're trying to make an option for it in the menu?
Sounds like a nice idea

I would definetely try to key-bind it. We'll just have to see how it works out ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I based my idea off of CS:GO's ability for you to switch which hand you are using.

In the Source console commands, you can open the console menu and toggle right/left hand by changing this value:
cl_righthand 1 -Right Hand
cl_righthand 0 -Left Hand

On the other hand (pun intended), SWBF doesn't have this console. One key thing to notice from CS:GO is that only You can see Right or Left hand depending on what you put in the console; in other words, it's purely asthetic and seems to be based in the HUD. If you toggle to Left Hand, then you will see yourself and other players you spectate using the left hand, but ONLY in first person camera mode.
In simpler terms, the HUD for your hands and weapon is inverted. The rest of the HUD is not.

I'm not even sure if that's possible with SWBF. Best I can do is to probably invert the Sides so it looks like everyone is left handed. This shouldn't affect controls or movement...
But Hitboxes?...

This kind of modding might be too far ahead of me for now.
I'm probably getting much ahead of myself.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Maybe you could use the HUD when scoped in first person, instead of having the reticule only, you could try to reproduce the first person view.
One way to switch the weapon holding hand would be to modify the unit animations, but this is a huge work and would need to reproduce every animation ( think about the leg placement, the way we jump, how we crouch, which way we are facing when we roll... )

You could edit the skeleton and move hp_weapons to the other hand. But it would look weird unless you mirrored every animation like Syyy said

At the moment, any of that is ahead of me and I'm going to keep this project in mind, but I'm setting it aside until I get better.

That leaves room for other modders! If you want this mod, then go ahead and find a way to do it! But if you reproduce it, please be sure to credit me in some way ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: chameleon on August 19, 2015, 11:49:38 AM
If you want this mod, then go ahead and find a way to do it! But if you reproduce it, please be sure to credit me in some way ;)

:slap:

Ideas are cheap.  It is the doing that is hard.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on August 19, 2015, 11:57:28 AM
:slap:

Ideas are cheap.  It is the doing that is hard.

And when the going gets tough, people like me tend to wander off for a bit. :P
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper