ICW5 After Party FUN War --- Interested?

Started by BOB.LION, August 07, 2015, 01:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in the idea of a fun war?

Yes
22 (84.6%)
No
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: August 23, 2015, 01:26:28 AM

So I've talked to Bomber about this idea and I think if it's going to be successful, we need to see if anyone is actually interested. Simply, the idea is an afternoon/evening of battles between two sides on the Saturday or Sunday after ICW5. Let's say week6 is the last week, then this fun event would take place the weekend after (week7). It does not contribute to ICW5, it's just for fun and a way of celebrating the awesome event that ICW5 has been!!!

How the two sides are selected I do not know. Personally I think it should be randomly selected from all contestants, essentially making the battles clanless.

There's a poll at the top, if this idea sucks and has no potential please vote no so I can go cry and drown my sorrows in a bottle of vodka. Cya

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

Could just run it as a public server with auto-selected sides and several maps on one server. That way don't have to worry about checking sides, having an admin present etc. (though obviously it wouldn't be competitive)

Quote from: {Alpha} Kiwi on August 07, 2015, 02:11:33 AM
Could just run it as a public server with auto-selected sides and several maps on one server. That way don't have to worry about checking sides, having an admin present etc. (though obviously it wouldn't be competitive)

Yeah auto selected sides would be ideal (providing people not just leave and re join haha). We can vote for maps closer towards the weekend. I want the admins of ICW5 to play. They have had a lot of stress and pressure these past weeks and they need some sort of reward that isn't competitive based. A 10v10 battle would be good enough. Imagine a 20v20?!? .... Don't think I've seen one for a long while.

And I really don't want it to be clan vs clan based, I like the idea of playing WITH people that in ICW u have played AGAINST. It puts a spin on relationships!

Getting everyone on teamspeak would be fun (and noisy)

Kohlma was specifically included in the map pack for this reason. It's a huge map, and would be epic with lots of players.  Include all the mod maps too on auto assign for both eras, low/no AI.

Quote from: Phobos on August 07, 2015, 02:43:22 AM
Kohlma was specifically included in the map pack for this reason. It's a huge map, and would be epic with lots of players.  Include all the mod maps too on auto assign for both eras, low/no AI.

Let's do it!

Would people that didn't participate in the ICW be allowed to play? I wasn't able to, as I was away last month, but would love to fight in a large SWBF battle once more.

Quote from: DEAGLE on August 07, 2015, 03:21:46 AM
Would people that didn't participate in the ICW be allowed to play? I wasn't able to, as I was away last month, but would love to fight in a large SWBF battle once more.

Yeah yeah of course. It's a celebration of ICW5's success for anyone involved or anyone who wasn't. It's for fun and is meaningless to stop others from playing. I've been on holiday and haven't participate since week1 :) see u on the battlefield

Quote from: DEAGLE on August 07, 2015, 03:21:46 AM
You can still be involved in the remaining weeks.

Quote from: Phobos on August 07, 2015, 02:43:22 AM
But whilst I like the idea of using this map it would not allow players that are unaware of the map pack and players unable to install mod maps/map packs to participate.

Quote from: -=(212) Nixo=- on August 07, 2015, 10:28:50 AM
it would not allow players that are unaware of the map pack and players unable to install mod maps/map packs to participate.
This doesn't bother me personally.

Quote from: -=(212) Nixo=- on August 07, 2015, 10:28:50 AM
But whilst I like the idea of using this map it would not allow players that are unaware of the map pack and players unable to install mod maps/map packs to participate.

It can be one of a selection of maps. We can make this the last one so people who don't have the map pack can leave before

As far as i know the original map pack had it but someone removed it. To be honest i like Phobos' idea
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: BOB.LION on August 07, 2015, 10:43:39 AM
It can be one of a selection of maps. We can make this the last one so people who don't have the map pack can leave before
The player can't join a server with a map they dont have on, I thought? So if the map are still on the server (no matter what order) players will be unable to join - maybe I'm making this up xD

August 07, 2015, 09:14:49 PM #13 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:16:33 PM by Phobos
Quote from: -=(212) Nixo=- on August 07, 2015, 12:16:01 PM
The player can't join a server with a map they dont have on, I thought? So if the map are still on the server (no matter what order) players will be unable to join - maybe I'm making this up xD
That's right. Anyone using the v2 map pack will be able to join because Kohlma was readded to this.
But if there's a fun server using Mos, Citadel, Jabba, and then Dagobah, nobody who is missing the Dagobah map would be able to join the server, even while it was on Citadel. It will say "you do not have the map currently being played" but what this really should say is "you dont have a map currently included in the map pool".

Quote from: BOB.LION on August 07, 2015, 10:43:39 AM
Could have 2 event servers, one for only stock maps. and one for the mod maps or both.

Yeah it's not much hassle leaving and rejoining another server.