BF2 Kashyyyk

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, September 07, 2009, 08:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 22, 2009, 10:46:19 AM #15 Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:59:13 AM by ggctuk
Right, onto business. I've gotten the map semi-working (it seems to crash not long after the battle starts for whatever reason I have yet to fathom out). I replaced the BARCs with Speederbikes (as the level will look for the barc9_pose inside the shipped common.lvl file, contrary to my previous thought). It could be the wookies, it could be the turrets, it could be the snail tanks (should not be as I used the Hailfire Droid ODF as a base). BFLog is not telling me the problem either.

EDIT: The crash seems to have been fixed now. I just have to add the proper sound files over the top, fix the wookie appearances, then a beta will be out!
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Awesome, you rock, thanks!

September 22, 2009, 02:57:45 PM #17 Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:00:42 PM by ggctuk
What's more, unlike other BF2-BF1 conversions, this one includes the turrets used in BF2 (although they have to be loaded like BF2's via a side lvl). It's up now in the Releases section.

Guess what caused the crash? In BF2, Soundspaces can be any shape it seems but in BF1 they're only allowed to be cubes. The soundspaces were cylinders, so whenever I approached one, the game crashed. So I changed them all to cubes, and hey presto!

Now... what should I convert next?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Great job, the turrets thing sounds interesting, cause I've only played BF2 once at my friend's house, so I don't know too much about it. I remember playing this map though. Thanks again!

BTW, it would be kinda cool to see BF2 Geonosis converted, to answer your question.... With gunships and techno union ships, if possible... That'd be killer.

I tried to convert Geonosis once but it's since given me no end of problems  :mad:

Gunships could be done, as well as Geonosian Fighters... but there's no room for Techo Union Ships or Assembly Areas in there, I'm afraid.

I thought I might have a go at a space map. Possibly the Above Coruscnt campaign spacemap (with lower reinforcements to balance things out nicely).
In Progress:

On Hold:

For the space map, I think we should stick with the "points" thing like in BF2, just make it higher. Now how we do this, I'm thinking we kinda tweak the reinforcement counts a little, by making it start at a certain number, then it goes BACKWARDS when something that causes you to gain a point like destroying a ship innard or shooting down a fighter, and whoever gets their meter down to zero wins, though I'm imagining this could be hard. Also, maybe we could take the data for a stronger DCP, like the Shield Generator on Hoth, and make a frigate like in BF2 to be destroyed. I know nothing about modding though, so if you're sitting here going like, "Is he out of his mind?! That's impossible!" (Which you very well may) Then it's just that I know nothing about modding.

Points are not possible in BF1, I'm afraid. Neither it seems are joint destructible systems, or the manable turrets, but I'll see if I can improvise.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I was just thinking it could be kinda more like a BF2 space battle, rather than a ship on ship like Kashyyyk Airfight.