GameMaster Error

Started by -=(212) Nixo=-, July 04, 2015, 06:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have an issue with GameMaster. The majority of the time I open battlefront (by either inserting the disk and pressing play, or clicking the icon on desktop or in the start menu) I get this message: 'Unable to open game folder. If you are logged on with limited privileges,
please log off, log back on as Administrator and try again.'
The only way around it, is clicking the 'Battlefront' file in LucasArts>Star wars battlefront>GameData
But the problem with this is that no progress is saved, e.g. in-game profiles, single player progress ect.
I am and always will be logged on as the administrator for this computer and therefore I don't believe this is the issue, just wondered if anyone had any suggestions or it's just something I have to live with.

Try to edit the security settings of the LucasArts folder.
(RightClick, Properties, Security tab, and check if you have full access to everything.)
Give your current user all rights and make sure "ReadOnly" is disabled.

I've had the same problem which is why I have been afraid to calibrate my controller for fear of just wasting time and having to do it all over again :(

July 04, 2015, 08:06:12 AM #3 Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 09:42:58 AM by Anyder
U could go to the properties of the battlefront.exe shortcut and in compatibility enable "Always run this program as Administrator"
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Viathan on July 04, 2015, 07:19:30 AM
Try to edit the security settings of the LucasArts folder.
(RightClick, Properties, Security tab, and check if you have full access to everything.)
Give your current user all rights and make sure "ReadOnly" is disabled.
That seems to have worked, haven't had to load it up manually since i've made the changes! Thanks!

Quote from: Anyder on July 04, 2015, 08:06:12 AM
U could go to the properties of the battlefront.exe shortcut and in compatibility enable "Always run this program as Administrator"
I've done that as well now just in case, thanks!

Quote from: -=(212) Nixo=- on July 05, 2015, 03:49:29 PM
That seems to have worked, haven't had to load it up manually since i've made the changes! Thanks!
You're welcome  :cheers:

Quote from: Anyder on July 04, 2015, 08:06:12 AM
Actually, since I did this step, there was an issue with online updates which I needed to install for the game. I just removed that privilege and it worked fine again - bit weird.