Problem with my ASUS computer

Started by KommissarReb, July 01, 2015, 07:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I posted this elsewhere but it didn't get a response yet. I know some of you are really tech-savvy, so I'm posting this in hopes you can help me.

This morning I accidentally spilled coffee on my keyboard, and now some of they keys are sticky and whenever I press the "A", it types both"A" and "S". Whenever I try to use it, the screen goes black as though its been on long enough for the screensaver to activate. It does this every second, and I was hardly able to do anything but press the power button to go back to what I was attempting to do.  :rant: Yesterday I used my computer all day, and it gets used a lot daily so I'm wondering if that caused the problem. My ASUS computer is a desktop with Windows 7 on it (NOT a laptop). Can anyone help me?!

The only reason I was able to post this is I switched to my other desktop computer which is a lot slower (the computer is like 15 years old!)
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

You can try to run water over your keyboard (unplug it from the computer first, of course) and rinse it out.  Let it dry completely before using it again.

But you are probably going to need a new keyboard.  Here is one from amazon for $11.50

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-KU-0833-Wired-Keyboard/dp/B005EOWBHC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1435762747&sr=8-2&keywords=computer+keyboard

Note that you may prefer some other keyboard.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on July 01, 2015, 08:01:01 AM
You can try to run water over your keyboard (unplug it from the computer first, of course) and rinse it out.  Let it dry completely before using it again.

But you are probably going to need a new keyboard.  Here is one from amazon for $11.50

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-KU-0833-Wired-Keyboard/dp/B005EOWBHC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1435762747&sr=8-2&keywords=computer+keyboard

Note that you may prefer some other keyboard.

Heh heh...thing is that when I was going to do a video demonstration of what the problem was for someone else, my computer suddenly is working again!  :shrug: I guess it just needed a few hours to dry off? All the problems I had are gone as if nothing happened, strange...

I better not jinx my awesome luck.

Glad to hear. I spilt something on one of my keyboards before but thankfully I had a backup handy. You're a lucky man.

Feel free to come back if any problems persist!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: KommissarReb on July 01, 2015, 09:36:58 AM
Heh heh...thing is that when I was going to do a video demonstration of what the problem was for someone else, my computer suddenly is working again!  :shrug: I guess it just needed a few hours to dry off? All the problems I had are gone as if nothing happened, strange...

I better not jinx my awesome luck.

that's funny because last week my friend spilt juice on her $130 keyboard and it worked a day later so you should be good  :tu:

I only have membrane keyboards. I'm positive the membrane doesn't handle stickiness as well as Mechanical keyboards do.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Well, now it seems that my "Z" button is sticky.  :slap: Hopefully that symptom will go away sometime soon. If not, I'll use Led's method of contending with that problem.