Disk

Started by -IAS- Jazz, August 24, 2009, 11:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
My SWBF disk is stuck in a computer with a broken power cable receiver on the computer itself. i cannot charge it, or turn it on to eject the disk. how do i get the disk out safely with no damage to the disk, and only some damage to the computer?

[color=#FFFFFF]{legends}Darth Verik]

that article is useless since he can't boot the computer. Is this a MacBook or a iMac or a Mac Pro or mini or what?

One of the main things to look for is a small hole near the CD/DVD drive. If you insert a paper clip into that the disk will be manually ejected (no power required). If you don't have that hole (most macs don't), try to find a screwdriver that works with the screws on the mac. This will, of course, void your warranty. If you look around for the drive internals (I don't know what the inside of a mac is like), you might be able to open up the drive and pull the disk out.

If you can't do that, best bet is to take it to an apple store

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

srry bout the time... its a Mac Pro G4... ive tried the paperclip, the screwdriver is hard to find but i needed one for another computers screen anyways... so ill try that... its junk. really. mac store would be more expensive than the computers worth, a swbf disk, and the drive over...
screw the warranty...
now all i have to do is find the computer... thought i had it but it seems that i dont.

[color=#FFFFFF]{legends}Darth Verik]