Star Wars: Episode I - PC (1999) on Modern Machine

Started by Yoda, March 04, 2015, 01:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey everyone, posting here on behalf of a friend who is trying to relive part of her childhood.

Purchased a copy of Star Wars: Episode I on PC (as seen in this amazon post): http://amzn.to/17RJom4

She has tried to install it on her Windows 8 machine and on her Mac (OS X 10.10.2) using virtualization, but when she tries to install the game, it returns the following error: "the %s setup program was unable to launch. You can install %s by running SETUP.exe directly from the %s CD-ROM disc." Attempting to run SETUP.exe from the CD-ROM doesn't work either.

Any thoughts, or is she out of luck?

Thanks!

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.

You might try to run the installer using windows "compatibility mode" for windows XP which you can find when you right click on the installer icon.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

If compatibility mode doesn't work (I don't think it will), then this may help you out.  The 16-bit installer is a big setback.  This site is actually a lot more thorough with issues than I thought it would be.
http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/2014/05/13/phantom-menace/

And now when I go home I have to revive this game... just one time...
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I wish I had found that site when I had problems with 16bit installers... Looks like I've got some more games to play now. Thanks dark phantom.  :cheers:I
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Thanks for all the info! Figured of anyone out there, I could count on everyone here!

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.