[Solved] Bizarre Screen Issue

Started by Unit 33, February 02, 2015, 09:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 02, 2015, 09:51:50 AM Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:51:24 PM by Unit 33
So I recently got a new Mac, and went about re-installing my PC edition of SWBF using the port and this happened...

I don't know if there's a solution, but I find it amusing. Interestingly this only happens in-game. The menus etc appear as normal.

February 02, 2015, 12:13:11 PM #1 Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:12:10 PM by -RepubliqueCmdr-
The bottom of my screen is clipped off like that as well.. It's kind of irritating to not have my full 1366x768 resolution. (I think the render output is actually moved up, and not just squished on the screen like wide screen TVs).

Edit- Unlike your issue, this happens to me in the menus and everything else in the game as well.

Quote from: Unit 33 on February 02, 2015, 09:51:50 AM
So I recently got a new Mac, and went about re-installing my PC edition of SWBF using the port and this happened...

I don't know if there's a solution, but I find it amusing. Interestingly this only happens in-game. The menus etc appear as normal.

I have a similar problem, with black lines on each side for the menus--with BattleBelk's resolution changer the lines go away in game.

Quote from: BlackScorpion on February 02, 2015, 01:07:03 PM
with BattleBelk's resolution changer the lines go away in game.

Hmm, I'll give it a go.

If you are using the port that I use (the one with all the tutorial videos I made) then do this when you launch a map from the selection screen.
Cmd-ENTER
The game should become windowed.
Then do Cmd-ENTER again and it will go fullscreen and not be messed up.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on February 10, 2015, 11:16:58 AM
If you are using the port that I use (the one with all the tutorial videos I made) then do this when you launch a map from the selection screen.
Cmd-ENTER
The game should become windowed.
Then do Cmd-ENTER again and it will go fullscreen and not be messed up.
Well gosh, that really worked, thanks a bunch Kit!
I can play SWBF again!

No problem! Anything for a fellow Mac user looking to play SWBF!
(the same problem happens in the SWBFII port and the same solution fixes it if you play SWBFII)