Computer

Started by Rexy, August 11, 2009, 10:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok so I have a pc until the end of summer. Unfortunately I am not allowed to do any games on it at all. So I was wondering if it is possible to erase all usage of xfire and battlefront. It would have to be like erased from the computers whole memory and so noone would ever be able to tell I played battlefront or used xfire at all. If this is possible please give me some instructions on how to do this. It would have to be gone from everything.

I really think that you should obey your parents or whoever disallowed you from using it for games. My personal opinion anyway. Asking MPC users for information on how to stealthily disobey your parents isn't very honorable IMHO. Besides, if you only have it until the end of summer, it's not like you have it for long anyway. Half a month of secret gaming isn't worth disobeying your parents.

eh its not for my parents its from the school system :P My parents are going to let me do this if I can take it off :)

Umm... do a full uninstall of the game at the end of the summer?

#TYBG

August 11, 2009, 11:57:35 AM #4 Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:33:20 PM by Captain Rex
Instructions?

Its using Windows XP

What version of Windows it using?

I agree with AG the simplest and easiest way to do this would be to just uninstall battlefront.

to uninstall SWBF, go to the SWBF entry on the start menu and select "Uninstall Star Wars Battlefront". Follow the wizard and then make sure to delete all of your mod/map files. Finally, make sure that it is completely gone by going to C:/Program Files and deleting the folder "LucasArts" if it exists.

Now, for XFire, go to Control Panel, and (on classic view), open "Add or Remove Programs". If you refuse to use classic view, go find it on your own. Now, if you have a ton of programs installed, it might take a while for the list to show up, but once it does, scroll down to "Xfire (remove only)", select it, and click Remove. Again, follow the wizard, and assuming they don't look too hard, it should be gone

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"