Low Quality Menus

Started by Ultimo, December 09, 2014, 03:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, I'm looking for a mod that reduces the overall quality of SWBF's menus and such. I'm setting up SWBF on my laptop, and it's running pretty well in-game now, but still slow as crap through the Menus, such as the Main Menu and the Singleplayer menus and etc, where it's always trying to load that big blue video in the back.

Anyone have a way to reduce the quality of all the menus and leave out the background video?

What I need in particular:
• Low Quality Menu Bars
• No Animations on Menus
• No Background Video

If you guys can do this for me, then thank you so much! It's highly appreciated. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

heh, good luck playing the game  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on December 09, 2014, 03:52:47 PM
heh, good luck playing the game  ;)

So, what's that supposed to mean? Are you saying I can't change this and play the game?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on December 09, 2014, 04:04:20 PM
So, what's that supposed to mean? Are you saying I can't change this and play the game?

If your computer can't handle the wire frame graphics in the background, how can it handle the actual game?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on December 09, 2014, 05:21:34 PM
If your computer can't handle the wire frame graphics in the background, how can it handle the actual game?

No no, it can handle that. Sorry if I made it sound like it couldn't at all.

All I'm needing to do is reduce Artistic quality as much as possible. My in-game settings are lowest (except for View Distance), so what I need now is to reduce anything relative to menus and etc. From what I ought to know, this will reduce a lot of unnecessary processing for me.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

use all the shortcuts such as /nostartupmusic /nowait /nomovies in your game launcher or custom res ini. then if menus load too slow edit the shell LUA to set the delays to 0. which menus in particular take the longest?

December 09, 2014, 06:56:02 PM #6 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 07:10:16 PM by Ultimo
Quote from: Phobos on December 09, 2014, 06:51:43 PM
use all the shortcuts such as /nostartupmusic /nowait /nomovies in your game launcher or custom res ini. then if menus load too slow edit the shell LUA to set the delays to 0. which menus in particular take the longest?

I've got no bigger issue then wanting to reduce processing and such.
However, I do think any of the Mov's are what's slowing me down. I must wait 1-2 minutes (i timed it) before any of the Mov's appear to have loaded. This includes the little planetary loading screens and I'm assuming the Main Menu's background is a Mov as well.

I will disable the Mov's... and come back to edit this post with the results. Thanks Phobos!

EDIT: None of this has stopped the long, 1-2 minute opening, but has sped up a lot of other things. Thanks!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

December 09, 2014, 07:38:37 PM #8 Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:35:54 AM by Ultimo
I put that one in as well, still no change with the wait I'm having. I don't understand, I'm beginning to think it's just my hardware in the laptop.

EDIT: Well, I guess I could be less concerned about the wait, and I should be more concerned about how high my Ping is for some reason. I've got the same ethernet connection as my Desktop did, so I guess I'm really gonna have to start screwing with things on the router...
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper