Mos Eisley at Night ?

Started by Ultimo, November 22, 2014, 06:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone have the Mos Eisley at Night map? http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=328

The link in the Download is a bust- Gamefront probably removed the file.

Much appreciated if found! I'm trying to collect all Nighttime mods. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Led on November 22, 2014, 06:39:41 PM
It has been lost to the ravages of time.
http://www.centuryclan.eu/Downloads_SWBF.htm

dead links

It's unbelievably dissapointing how all this went downhill...

It's also disappointing that Gamefront deletes files after 3 days. What's a file site that can't hold onto files?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on November 22, 2014, 07:20:56 PM
It's unbelievably dissapointing how all this went downhill...

It's also disappointing that Gamefront deletes files after 3 days. What's a file site that can't hold onto files?

Yes, Gamefront is a problem.  That is why we host files here, and why it is important for us to look through our own archives to try to get anything else uploaded here.

LucasFiles went down last year, too.  It is all just a matter of time.

I don't really get what you meant about going downhill...Gamefront has been a problem for several years, so this is no surprise.

In the end, if you want a night Mos Eisley map, you should make one.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on November 22, 2014, 07:53:12 PM
In the end, if you want a night Mos Eisley map, you should make one.

As lazy as I am, even trying to read a tutorial seems like a lot. I've wanted to mod for so much time now, and I know you've seen me say it and show it, but I just can't gather the motivation. I feel like modding is just going to occupy the time I could be using to actually play the game, not build onto it.

Then again, maybe it's fun. I just have to learn it to start, which is something I'm really going to have to push myself to read up on.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on November 22, 2014, 08:30:58 PM
As lazy as I am, even trying to read a tutorial seems like a lot. I've wanted to mod for so much time now, and I know you've seen me say it and show it, but I just can't gather the motivation. I feel like modding is just going to occupy the time I could be using to actually play the game, not build onto it.

Then again, maybe it's fun. I just have to learn it to start, which is something I'm really going to have to push myself to read up on.
There is an easier way to make any map have "night" values for lighting and such, without having to recompile the world LVL. If you know how to mod the SKY file then you can adjust this and munge it into a CONFIG, then call on this file after the world LVL in the mission LUA and it will override the default sky settings. The same concept as a skin changer except its automatic sky changer. But usually, modders want to change textures and not just the sky.