New Build Concerns

Started by Ultimo, November 15, 2014, 07:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
A friend recently linked me this guide to this $725-USD PC Build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/y2V323/800-gaming-build

My friend and I don't know much about PC builds however, so I thought to come here. I'm liking the sound of the Build in the guide, but can I make it any better without going over $800? And how?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

if you have 75$ left over just put it towards a better video card that can always be improved and I'm not sure if an i5 is better then an a10 processor it's way too late to bother looking up specs but I've had better experience with a10s and they're cheaper..  so that's more money for a better card  :ohmy:

well I bought a nice computer last year and it cost me $1,200 including a monitor. Took me awhile to figure out the best possible rig I can get with my budget. You can get a good rig for 800 but I would recommend saving up so you at least have $1000 or more. To be honest you should save up to $1,500 lol. I'd recommend getting a monitor with it unless if you have a nice one already because monitors do make a difference.

I'd highly recommend getting one from here http://www.cyberpowerpc.com They have rigs already built and you can easily customize them for your price range.

Looks nice to me and it's a good price, although all US prices look good to me because of the higher prices here....

That should play all games at decent settings just be aware whatever you buy will go out of date quickly, I had my PC which was the top end of what you could buy for the equivalent $2300 3 years ago and I'm currently replacing half of it to get back up to max settings on new games...
It should be ready for the new battlefront though. :)

I5's are good processors and a lot of people recommend them for gaming, they also save a bit compared to an I7 which you don't need.

You could get a bit of extra ram if you want to do any video editing as it's relatively cheap but I would say just spend on the graphics card (I prefer Nvidia but it's just personal opinion). I find this quite useful for graphic cards at a quick look: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

Yours is in the fifth row.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I run all of my games at lowest settings, no matter what PC. It just keeps everything flowing smoothly, and I don't even care if my YouTube audience sees low settings. Haha

I probably however should invest in a video card or a little more memory... After all, I've got to find a way to run my Battlefield 3 Premium... (I've had it for over 2 years but could never play it!!!)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: ևltimσ on November 16, 2014, 06:59:48 AM
I run all of my games at lowest settings, no matter what PC. It just keeps everything flowing smoothly, and I don't even care if my YouTube audience sees low settings. Haha

Playing around with settings is half the fun of PC gaming, there's so many variables it's nice wen you get good graphics and FPS. Or maybe that's just me. :)
The Nvidia cards come with auto adjust for new games that get the maximum from your system if you want an easy way.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on November 16, 2014, 07:44:15 AM
Playing around with settings is half the fun of PC gaming, there's so many variables it's nice wen you get good graphics and FPS. Or maybe that's just me. :)
The Nvidia cards come with auto adjust for new games that get the maximum from your system if you want an easy way.

I suppose I've always been one of those people that does like to play with the settings, since I've constantly found myself on the SWBF Video Options playing with things. Cloud City Night looks really epic if the settings are maxed (which I can surprisingly run on my current PC...) I do tend to keep low settings most of the time, but if I do, I always try to have View Dist. and etc. Maxed out, cuz I'm a real dependent on my vision.

I'm just glad I don't have to worry about buying any extra hardware like a Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse or something. My parents bought me an expensive monitor for my laptop (idk why...), and I have 3 perfectly working membrane keyboards (mechanical is too loud...), and my mouse isn't garbage but it gets the job done.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: ևltimσ on November 16, 2014, 06:59:48 AM

I probably however should invest in a video card or a little more memory... After all, I've got to find a way to run my Battlefield 3 Premium... (I've had it for over 2 years but could never play it!!!)

llowest settings? you could get better quality gaming on a console which is half the price of a computer... things can run smoothly in max settings especially on an old little game like swbf. that's the whole point of getting a good rig  :XD:

Quote from: Kishy on November 16, 2014, 11:15:49 AM
llowest settings? you could get better quality gaming on a console which is half the price of a computer... things can run smoothly in max settings especially on an old little game like swbf. that's the whole point of getting a good rig  :XD:

I'm trying to bump up the rig because I want to be able to just keep up to date with things. My computer is modern built but it's really more for practical use, like a family computer to store pictures, music, documents, etc.

If I can just keep myself to a point where I can keep updating my computer just enough to run any game on lowest settings, I'll be just fine.

What I like about my idea is the fact that parts will only get cheaper as more, better ones come out to replace them. I can spend little, still run a game without me having to worry about maxing it (because I just don't care enough for that), and have money left over to upgrade later when I need to update and get something else to run lowest settings for the next big game.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: ևltimσ on November 16, 2014, 11:26:35 AM
I'm trying to bump up the rig because I want to be able to just keep up to date with things. My computer is modern built but it's really more for practical use, like a family computer to store pictures, music, documents, etc.

If I can just keep myself to a point where I can keep updating my computer just enough to run any game on lowest settings, I'll be just fine.

What I like about my idea is the fact that parts will only get cheaper as more, better ones come out to replace them. I can spend little, still run a game without me having to worry about maxing it (because I just don't care enough for that), and have money left over to upgrade later when I need to update and get something else to run lowest settings for the next big game.

thats a massive waste of money but whatever works for you I guess

I believe a massive waste of money would be building a 3000$ pc now just so you don't have to worry about anything for the next 10 years.

PC parts are only going to get cheaper as more come in, so I will just buy what I need and actually have money for.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I would just buy a computer for 1500$ like babyeater said and then upgrade it from there as needed, then again i don't buy a computer to play games on low settings. you'd be better off playing on a ps3 and getting mid settings to be honest lol

Bad news... My father was furious when he learned my plans for a new PC.
I'm all out now, guess I'm not upgrading to a gaming PC for another few years.
Going to end up selling my copies of Battlefield 3 Premium, Skyrim, Portal 2, Dead Space 2, CoD Black Ops 1&2 soon, since I just can't run them now and probably won't be interested anymore after a few years.

Thank you everyone for all the help you have given me with this! One day I will put your advice to good use! ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

November 17, 2014, 05:54:06 PM #13 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:08:09 PM by Samistheone
Man if I where to build a PC I'd have my cousin help me who worked on computers, and I'd have him teach me how to make my own computer, and I'd go all out on making a PC I'd probably try and make mine better then all the ones shown here with lots of memory good core processors extra USB hookups and screen hookups and extra fans and cooling systems inside it and I'd make it compatible for Floppy discs and I'd have multiple CD drives and stuff , and air filters that you got to clean now and then, I would make It so you can run power in to it more then 1 way too maybe even like 2-3 hard drives or more in it. all in all it would be a high tech computer, plus I would like it to be able to run windows 95 on it and XP and Windows 7-8, and be able to transfer memory between the versions and Wi-Fi compatible inside with a choice of Ethernet hook up/ cat 5 cable too plus multiple video chips and adding Adobe and a lot of other programs on there too that I want and don't have because they cost money supposedly a lot.

Though I don't think that's all possible

Sadly x-P

And yet have a Multiple screen option sitting on my desk like the one you see one of the bad guys use in Criminal minds, When Reed gets abducted by him, and then try's to force Reed to pick the next person to die, that shows on the cameras he hid inside the houses, that he came in to work on stuff, internet connection problems I believe.

Quote from: ևltimσ on November 17, 2014, 03:57:13 PM
Bad news... My father was furious when he learned my plans for a new PC.
I'm all out now, guess I'm not upgrading to a gaming PC for another few years.
Going to end up selling my copies of Battlefield 3 Premium, Skyrim, Portal 2, Dead Space 2, CoD Black Ops 1&2 soon, since I just can't run them now and probably won't be interested anymore after a few years.

Thank you everyone for all the help you have given me with this! One day I will put your advice to good use! ;)

or you can just give them to me lol