So you want to make your own PC?

Started by eska, August 02, 2009, 02:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
not necessarily, meeting the minimum specifications doesn't actually mean you can run them. In fact a lot of the time, if you only just meet the minimum specs, you won't run it well at all, even on low settings.

what is more important the overall pc? the processor? memory? video card? i hope to test those questions. when and only if my little pc cant run cod4 or swbf2 well. i have the option to upgrade my pc with a pc express card.

this little thing is only 9.99 at compusa after all the savings. http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3192397&CatId=1558

In your case, if it doesn't run graphics card and processor are the important, as your almost 2GB/ soon to be 3GB RAM is perfectly fine. I would recommend when it comes to a PC, not just going with what you can get cheap, rather go with something that while it may be a bit more expensive, will last you a lot longer, as spending $9 on a $40 graphics card isn't the best choice, as you will have to upgrade pretty soon. While spending $150 on a good graphics card will have you set for a while.

But remember, only really go into upgrading the computer if you think your going to be using it a lot, otherwise spending $150 on a graphics card, no matter how long it will last will be pointless.

October 28, 2009, 05:57:32 PM #18 Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 01:05:35 AM by keenmike
i would have to decide on the ten dollar gpu soon. ends this 30th. it would be a test to see how far i could push this little pc only if it doesnt run the swbf2 well. i will be looking for a server and some one to help me tonight. installed game and at 3:00 am it worked. the graphics are fine. what would be a good test for my system in a swbf2 server?

If your looking to push it, I would look into the process of overclocking, but you would need to make sure your computer is well cooled etc. though it can help a lot if you overclock.

after going in to a server and seeing, i dont think i need to push the processor or any thing else in that manner. i am just glad i found the most bang for my bucks. i have been saying there are good little pcs out there. swbf1 and swbf2 are some of of the most fun games around and i plan to be playing them on this little pc. NVIDIA GeForce 8200 onboard graphics chipset heatsink with that little blue light that tells you its on.

mini itx case i carry to work every night.

Well you'd struggle to fit a more modern graphics card into a mini case, wouldn't be enough room inside. Just that picture looked like a laptop.

since swbf2 plays well and looks fine i wont be buying any gpu. on board graphics is cool. this is what i was planning on building untill i found my little pc. mine is not as small but it does all the tricks i need it to do.

129.99 6.7" x 6.7" and put it in

69.99   7.3" X 8.7" X 2.8"