Elevator

Started by Ultimo, June 17, 2014, 12:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Are there any working elevators available for BF1? Like a model that can be used when making a map?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I think bamdur included one in his animation munger. You could also try my deployable elevator.

Thanks!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I've seen an elevator before on a game that is kind of like BF1. If you want it I'll PM you.
Nothing is written here...

http://classic.xfire.com/video/4a3ae6/

cull was working on an elevator, he may have gotten further than this

Quote from: Joseph on June 18, 2014, 01:50:24 PM
http://classic.xfire.com/video/4a3ae6/

cull was working on an elevator, he may have gotten further than this

I wouldn't call that an elevator really. Its just a collision glitch exploit. And it can only go up.

I remember seeing an elevator in an old map pack by Phobos/Rage. Also there's a glitch similar to Culls on Mos Eisley if you know where to look. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Elevator itself, is totaly possible, since it is just a simple animated door, in horizontal position. But, for SWBF, it isn't realy good idea: as any door, it's can be triggered by certain spot, on upper or on low floor only, so it's can be only one way road. :(
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on June 19, 2014, 08:52:03 AM
Elevator itself, is totaly possible, since it is just a simple animated door, in horizontal position. But, for SWBF, it isn't realy good idea: as any door, it's can be triggered by certain spot, on upper or on low floor only, so it's can be only one way road. :(

Couldn't you have two elevators? One from a high floor to a low floor and one from a low floor to a high floor?

But then you could only use each respective lift once.

Quote from: Unit 33 on June 19, 2014, 09:35:25 AM
But then you could only use each respective lift once.

Don't they go back to their neutral position like a door?

June 19, 2014, 10:29:22 AM #11 Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:11:52 AM by Sereja
Quote from: MileHighGuy on June 19, 2014, 09:49:28 AM
Don't they go back to their neutral position like a door?
Yes, they can, but I bet, AI may each time, will choosing only wrong elevator. :D

-Edit

Still, this issue could be solved, if each elevator, also, may have a usual door. ;) Such doors have to be under degree about 45, in ditrecton, to the mirrored elevator of the secondary entrance, or at least need to  to have such soldier collision. So, after few blind trials, each AI unit may be fortunately get in to the right elevator.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on June 19, 2014, 05:02:23 AM
I remember seeing an elevator in an old map pack by Phobos/Rage. Also there's a glitch similar to Culls on Mos Eisley if you know where to look. :)
You can download my elevator beta map here http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4573.0
This map was an unfinished experiment to develop a working elevator for SWBF1 using heavily modified classlabel entityflyer. It goes up and down but there are some bugs:
- It can only carry one passenger up at a time (no limit for down). This is due to hardcode preventing flyer from taking off with non-passenger units standing on top of the flyer model. I can add passenger support for up to 5 players but they all must be on the same team.
- Sometimes the elevator glitch and the platform starts to spin at unusual angles. To fix this I have made the elevator platform destructible and it respawns.

To use this invention effectively you must also build elevator shaft around the platform to control its direction. I will look through my assets to see if I still have the elevator ODF source and post it here if you want. I don't think I have Bamdur's elevator prop model I used one of his platforms but you could try using another msh. The method Sereja mention uses animatedprop though I haven't tested this method.

I'm not sure how NPCs would handle this but I think if a level were setup correctly for it, using animations with collision would be perfect. Two one way elevators, side by side. One elevator stays with it's platform raised to the top and one stays neutral to the bottom. Have one way doors so that they can only be triggered from the inside/outside of said elevators. Also making a long shaft to take up the space beneath the platforms would ensure no one steps in while it's in action. Although with the long shaft you'd have to make sure there is nothing else beneath this building.
photobucket limit image removed

Yeah. And I think the elevators would have to be contained in tubes with doors at the top and bottom so the ai don't walk off the edge.