Elevator

Started by Ultimo, June 17, 2014, 12:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Or how about a Ferris wheel
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I don't think this game supports the horizontal motion that a Ferris wheel would require. Like how when you jump on a vehicle you slide right off.

Quote from: MileHighGuy on June 20, 2014, 01:48:05 PM
I don't think this game supports the horizontal motion that a Ferris wheel would require. Like how when you jump on a vehicle you slide right off.

You're right in assuming it doesn't compensate for inertia. The player would likely look funky as heck "rubber-banding" around I think. Although if you could box him in correctly I think he'd still be able to ride the Ferris wheel.
photobucket limit image removed

I got to thinking-

In Battlefield 4, elevators are simply teleporters. When you get in an elevator, you press a button and the door closes and it seems like you're riding up/down but after a few seconds you reach your destination and you can go back to the elevator from your level, or someone above/below can access the elevator just as you did to begin with.
Basically, the elevators just teleport you up or down.
They don't move.
When teleport is complete, both levels where elevator can be is ready to be used. Anyone can get in and teleport from one of the floors to the other.

Would this be possible somehow for SWBF?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

not possible for swbf1. I think it would be much simpler to do it the conventional way anyway.

I think, "teleporter" is possible. Just imagine Yavin turret, which may be higher, then upper floor. ;)
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

In Jaspo's One Map Mappack and Mav's Rebel Spec Ops they had pulled off teleporting but they were both in BF2
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I'll try working with some stuff when I get the time... Thanks guys! :tu:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I know of an elevator that if you go on it you die. I know because I walked on it in a game once.
Nothing is written here...