Fake Facebook Notifications

Started by Rayce, July 04, 2014, 05:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
(I don't know whether this is appropriate for this forum or not, if it is, I'm sorry. I'll let you delete it.)
So, some of you probably know of those spam E-mails from "Adriana". (If you don't, they're facebook notifications from a fake user, usually trying to "date" you.)  The thing is, though, I don't have a facebook account, nor have I ever. Does this mean someone used my e-mail for their account? Or does EVERYONE get these?

What are you doing here? You could be dating hot singles in your area! /s

If they used your email to create a facebook account you would have gotten the activation email. Its just spam, I would ignore it.

I'm a bit young for that. And yes I know it's spam, because it's just the same messages over and over. But since they're all automatically sent to my spam folder, I just ignore them, i was just curious as to whether it was a spambot on facebook or a spambot pretending to be facebook. Apparently it's the latter.

Mods, the issue is resolved. You may close this if you wish.

Just remember, its very easy to get a massive list of random email adresses on the internet.

I got an E-mail the other day from Gmail that asked me to click a link to show I had received it. It looked completely official and didn't get flagged as spam but when I looked at the address is wasn't quite right so it was lucky I didn't just click and get a virus.
Scams are getting better all the time and I use my business address so it get's full of spam from people in random countries asking to buy my products. They just need my card details...   :dry:
My favourite one started with 'Dear Sirs, I am an honest family man...'

I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Can't say I've received any of that spam. I do have a Facebook, however I'm maybe on it once a month/2 months?

If anyone's going to send spam to my Facebook, I probably won't touch it until the next time I get on it. And even then, I'l find out real fast.