Welome to the SchMEe Board

Started by tirpider, June 29, 2013, 07:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 29, 2013, 07:37:00 PM Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:10:17 AM by tirpider
Welcome to the SchMEe board.

This is where we can all discuss this (wonderful?) little pile of code and figure out how to use and direct it's development.

It's a complex little beast, and explaining pieces of it in PM's isn't exactly the best way to handle it.  Here we can spread out over multiple topics and not be forced to stack a ton of info into one giant post, possibly repeating information.

This has been in the works for a while and is based largely on previous programs (SWBF_MSH_INFO, and  TAG_SIZE_VALIDATOR.) It isn't anywhere near complete, I can assure you it is quite usable.  I use it regularly to swap parts that are hard to get to and to revise materials.

Ideas for features, bug reports, what-if questions, new ways to use it, other programs to use with it... these are all acceptable and necessary topics to move the program forward.

Explore the FAQ and other threads, and if you have any questions or suggestions about "how" or "why" regarding SchMEe, feel free to jump into a topic or start one yourself. This may even be a good place to exchange hex editing tips (which a large part of SchMEe revolves around) but some may be better suited for the 3D forum.  We'll see.

With that said, thanks for trying the program, and welcome.

Some important threads:
SchMEe Release Announcements
What is SchMEe? (not-so-FAQ)
SchMEe Planned Features and Updates

good idea i like this program and it is worthy of having its own board like xsi  :cheers:

Howdy modders,

A lot of you know about this already, but some of you might not. SchMEe is the tool I've been using to do various head swaps and alterations to MSH files.
It is a work-in-progress program, but as it is, it makes a nice little hex editing assistant. It won't do all the hex-editing for you, but it can do a lot of it and check for time consuming errors at the same time.

After a short time in private development, the time has come to open it up for peer review/criticism/ect.

More information about it can be found on the SchMEe development board and you are welcome to post any questions about how to use it there.

The SchMEe Board can be found here (SchMEe Board,) And is a child of the 3D-Modeling, Animation and Texturing board.

Some important threads on this new board:
SchMEe Release Announcements
What is SchMEe? (not-so-FAQ)
SchMEe Planned Features and Updates