Screen shots unviewable

Started by Carbon27, April 16, 2013, 09:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
iv tried that, and i knew it worked because my game froze for a second, but the only thing in that folder is addon. i dont even know why thats there.

It might just be my computer but I know imgur doesn't like screenshots directly from the game, so I take screenshots with the Mac key combo. Then I can upload them fine.

April 16, 2013, 04:57:06 PM #17 Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:00:21 PM by tirpider
ಠ_ಠ
AddOn is where you install all the custom maps folks have been making.

And there should at least be a "Data" folder because thats where the actual game files are.

-edit
Anyone with Windows 7 here that knows where the Screenshots folder lives?

I've never touched win7 so I don't know how bad MS messed up the file system on it.

Some windows people have game data stuff in program files (x86)
But there isnt a screenie folder In there either

Well.. one way to find it..

Get in game and take a bunch of random screenshots.

Then use windows' search feature to find files on the drive SWBF is installed named "screenshot_*.tga"

Wherever it finds them is where it's saving them.

Im making a new topic for this.

I just realized what I deleted...         I guess picasa was somewhat useful.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on April 18, 2013, 09:25:05 AM
I just realized what I deleted...         I guess picasa was somewhat useful.

:slap: Yeah, Picasa is pretty useful. I myself have never used it, but I assume it's used to view targa and .svg files, right?

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on April 18, 2013, 02:45:07 PM
:slap: Yeah, Picasa is pretty useful. I myself have never used it, but I assume it's used to view targa and .svg files, right?
Yeah, to bad I learned that AFTER I deleted it. I hated picasa and my PC wanted me to delete something, so I chose Picasa. Guess I should find out how to get it now...  :td:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I run Windows 7 and I remember finding them one time.. It wasn't in the usual ProgramFiles thing though. Look in ProgramData/Lucasarts instead of ProgramFiles and look around in the SWBF folders.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Uh, I have windows 7, and I don't see any Program data...
There is Program Files(x86)/ and ProgramFiles/   both of which have a lucas arts folder as well as SWBF.

Have you check compatibility file in the x86 gamedata folder?