My laptop wont read SWBFI Disk

Started by D4R|< $1D3, April 08, 2013, 05:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't know why it wont read the disk for SWBFI it worked 2 weeks ago and when i put the disk in to try it it says Please Put SWBF I Disk in and i have it in the disk reader! and i tired no CD Patch and it still wont work either,BUT it reads SWBF II and RC Commando just fine!?? i have no idea whats going on with it and my laptop is only 1 year old the GB is like not even half full or any thing i have changed nothing with the laptop at all but the wallpaper and i have songs and a few games (5) I have no idea whats wrong with it,If any one can help me know whats wrong please tell me.

I don't have a PC so I don't know if these will work but here are some suggestions.

Try another no CD patch. I don't know if I can even talk about this but can I send you a link to one I know works? (Led, is this legal? )

Clean your SWBFI disk with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol, then wipe down gently with a Tissue. Works every time for me when a DVD/CD isn't working properly. But be gentle.

Make sure you are running SWBF without ANY mods. It's good to do this just in case.  :)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on April 08, 2013, 06:37:39 PM
Try another no CD patch. I don't know if I can even talk about this but can I send you a link to one I know works? (Led, is this legal? )
It's okay, I think we've discussed it before. The problem begins when people talk about using it to run naughtily obtained copies of SWBF.

Does the driver run other things like CD/DVD?   :shrug:

I had this problem and had to replace my DVD driver  :td:

Quote from: UNIT 33 on April 10, 2013, 02:10:35 AM
naughtily obtained

Loving that phrase Unit  :rofl:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Did you change the shortcut to SWBF recently?  I had this problem a few weeks ago.  I had the shortcut going to "LaunchBF.exe", instead of directly to battlefront.exe.  If the problem persists, just reinstall it, and you should be okay.

Quote from: Nɪɴᴇ-ʙᴀʟʟ on April 08, 2013, 05:14:46 PM
I don't know why it wont read the disk for SWBFI it worked 2 weeks ago and when i put the disk in to try it it says Please Put SWBF I Disk in and i have it in the disk reader! and i tired no CD Patch and it still wont work either,

Something other than an issue with your cd/dvd drive is wrong if no cd wont work.

I agree that you should reinstall.

Could be a corrupt registry entry or a bad shortcut as noticed by others.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on April 10, 2013, 10:45:50 AM
Something other than an issue with your cd/dvd drive is wrong if no cd wont work.

I agree that you should reinstall.

Could be a corrupt registry entry or a bad shortcut as noticed by others.
:slap:
Why didn't I say reinstall!

So just to be clear can I post a link to a working no-CD "patch." I know works and has no viruses etc. ?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on April 10, 2013, 03:03:04 PM
:slap:
Why didn't I say reinstall!

So just to be clear can I post a link to a working no-CD "patch." I know works and has no viruses etc. ?

send the link by PM
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet