Which model do you want to see in SWBF most?

Started by RepComm, March 10, 2013, 10:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Building model do you want to see in SWBF most?

Christ The Redeemer (Brazilian Statue)
6 (31.6%)
Paris's Eiffel Tower
3 (15.8%)
Racing stadium
5 (26.3%)
Empire State Building
2 (10.5%)
A four story Hotel
1 (5.3%)
A swimming pool
1 (5.3%)
Beach Head light house
0 (0%)
Big Ben
1 (5.3%)
Assortment of CallOfDuty like Buildings
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

March 10, 2013, 10:02:24 PM Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:01:20 AM by UNIT 33
I am quite happy with some of the models I've been able to get into SWBF lately,
And since I'm so pumped up;

What building model do you want to see most in SWBF next?
I will make it my top modelling priority, and it probably would be done in a day or two.

Examples:
-Christ The Redeemer Statue in Brazil
-The Eiffel Tower of Paris France
-Some sort of Racing stadium
-A giant waffle that says "Canada Eh?"

ANYTHING. It can be from Starwars or Real life.

edit: I've added a poll, when someone suggests something new, I'll add it to the poll.

Christ the redeemer FTW
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

March 10, 2013, 11:42:20 PM #2 Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:04:17 AM by Phobos
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 10, 2013, 10:02:24 PM
What building model do you want to see most in SWBF next?

any or all of these would be great:

- HOTEL, possibly divided into different 'floor layers'
- swimming pool
- roulette table
- square elevator model
- drawbridge/moat (to go with bamdur's castle)
- also a lighthouse model, with hollow interior like your windmill but wider/taller, with a spiral ascending staircase and windows to shoot out of at the top.

I'll post some more ideas later

oh and for your poll i second the racing stadium, been looking forward to something to race different vehicles with.

Hmm.. I'd like a pack of war torn buildings for some COD-like warfare.  :happy:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Woah, Loving the feedback, Never would have thought up this stuff!
Although I must say, I am liking the light-house idea alot, Phobos^^

I will probably eventually end up making all of the recommendations , but 1 will come first.

I may end up expanding my request as I say this, but how about one huge shopping mall? I'm thinking like outlets, escalator, elevators, food courts, etc. I know it probably sounds like a map more than a model request, but seeing as I haven't seen many novelty pieces used in modmaps, I think it would be interesting, to say the least.  ;)

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 11, 2013, 06:31:29 AM
I may end up expanding my request as I say this, but how about one huge shopping mall? I'm thinking like outlets, escalator, elevators, food courts, etc. I know it probably sounds like a map more than a model request, but seeing as I haven't seen many novelty pieces used in modmaps, I think it would be interesting, to say the least.  ;)
This seems like a good future project, but to be on the safe side, a huge shoping mall should really be with multiple models; Shopping racks, business counters, and shelves should all be separate models, the mall could be one huge model though.
But yeah GM, "Starwars The Mall wars" has a nice ring to it :P

Quote from: SleepKiller on March 11, 2013, 07:01:21 AM
Mall Wars
Episode I
The Phantom Shopper
This.

[spoiler]If your'e making models might I suggest some Star Wars models? Maybe something that people will use in their mods. Some Coruscant props? Maybe the senate chamber? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Convocation_Chamber It would only require a couple models to make! Then you could make an epic map out of it!  :cheer:[/spoiler]

i was thinking i hate cod but they got modern buidilings so wounder what about these buidilings? [spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: Nɪɴᴇ-ʙᴀʟʟ on March 11, 2013, 07:53:16 AM
i was thinking i hate cod but they got modern buidilings so wounder what about these buidilings? [spoiler][/spoiler]

Gosh darn it, I know I've seen that map somewhere. I believe it was in COD4, though I forget the title of the map...

I know it was in campaign, and maybe multiplayer. Even so, that would be an amazing COD4 map conversion if it was done, I've always been looking for the next modern-styled map in SWBF, since there's so few. :P

I really like the idea of a mall-based map, especially if there were multiple levels and stores. A map like that would take tons of time, though. Getting rid of glitches would take forever if it had a lot of props like a mall should have. (kiosks, drinking fountains, benches, ect.) In my opinion, the map would be a huge hit if it was a paintball map. Who hasn't wanted to play a full-flegded paintball game in their mall? :P

As for props, I voted for a race statium. That would be pretty sweet.  But again, it would take time to take on a build like that.

Good luck by the way, you're gonna need it. ;)

Even though you can model now, don't expect to just start pumping out assets. Just take it slow and go one project at a time, don't rush and be sure to enjoy it. You don't want to get burned out and feel like it's a chore.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

March 12, 2013, 08:33:53 PM #14 Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:13:54 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Well, I've been working on 4 models, but the stadium has FAR too many polygons in it, so it keeps crashing Wings and MSH Viewer...
I've tried decreasing the poly count, and it doesn't even look as good now :/ And it still crashes..

The other models, which are being tested and scaled ATM, are doing fairly well.
I have 2 coruscant buildings, a hotel for zombie like maps-- It has a sign saying "DAYZ INN" I can change it if enough people want that--, and the light house just needs more stairs in the inside. Those can all be release before I go to Arizona on friday.

I also wrote a tutorial on how I get models into SWBF without XSI, it is found here:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5935.0
I suggest it to people that really know how to use their heads, modelling isn't for newbies.
I will eventually update it with some extra features, which are more advanced.