Best core builder?

Started by Glitch, February 10, 2013, 10:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 10, 2013, 10:14:50 AM Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:16:37 AM by Glitch
I've downloaded Battlebelk's core builder. I'm very grateful that he actually setup every localization within the game for quick changes. But once the core.lvl has been replaced in game the screen goes black upon loading. I'm assuming the error is from the builder itself.

Which one do you guys recommend to make localization changes to stock maps?
Quote: At times of chaos, humans are subjected to emotion rather than logic.

Bamdurs v. 1.31.  Read the directions closely, most of the game is localized then.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Got it, thanks. I'll give it a try. :happy:

If you like the mulitlanguage tool from Battlebelks you can just copy and paste that tool into Bamdurs 2.0 builder along with the english.loc. That's why i do at least, works great

February 10, 2013, 10:43:26 AM #4 Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:46:40 AM by Glitch
Quote from: Are§If you like the mulitlanguage tool from Battlebelks you can just copy and paste that tool into Bamdurs 2.0 builder along with the english.loc. That's why i do at least, works great
Great Idea! Thanks! :D

Edit: @Dark_Phantom

Followed the instructions provided, backed up replaced and the core.lvl, ran the game and it crashed.

I think it may have something to do with this. When I munged this error appeared.

All of them kinda suck so far. I plan on making a better core.lvl builder for Toolbox V5 but for now I use bamdur v1.31. You can also use SK's localization tool and copy into bamdur v2 (someone metioned this)

Quote from: Phobos on February 10, 2013, 01:50:47 PM
All of them kinda suck so far. I plan on making a better core.lvl builder for Toolbox V5 but for now I use bamdur v1.31. You can also use SK's localization tool and copy into bamdur v2 (someone metioned this)
Yes I've had issues with most of them (same errors as Glitch), I tried the same method (SK's localiser) in the end but this was not the perfect solution.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on February 11, 2013, 12:40:45 AM
Yes I've had issues with most of them (same errors as Glitch), I tried the same method (SK's localiser) in the end but this was not the perfect solution.

Then I'm stuck with what I have for now. Should I release my mod how it is or wait for a better tool?

I use BattleBelk's. What I do is in a map's project folder is use it's localizing tool. Edit the files, munge and then go into _BUILD_PC/Common/Munged and copy the munged .loc files into  the munged folder of BattleBelk's tool. Munge BattleBelk's one and then you have a new global core with your localizations. I do have it automated a bit more on my projects.

You can see how I setup my large scale mod development environment here. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=617
It has an example of what I am talking about in.

Awesome, thanks Sleepkiller. I'll give it a shot. :D