Mod Invention Speculation

Started by Phobos, December 31, 2012, 07:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 31, 2012, 07:37:45 PM Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:04:50 AM by Phobos
This thread is for speculating ideas for mods which currently seem to be or most think is impossible. Post your ideas here and we will see if something that hasn't yet been invented can eventually be discovered. It doesn't matter if they're exe scripted or LUA , just post any ideas you might have. Also post ideas for server tools. I'll add all ideas to the list.

Some ideas:
- 6 or 7 Unit Spawn
- Changing interface texture placement layout (health bars, reinforcements etc)
- Additional mod map limit
- Over 5 weapons per unit
- Over 32 AI for servers without using locals
- Public and team game chat toggler (one that doesn't affect anything else which uses gamefont_tiny)
- Hosting certain maps that don't work on dedicated, like Coruscant City.
- Change team colors (green to blue)
- A way to reset a dedicated server session once the 'idle time' hits 250 minutes, without using LUA bleed or AI.
- Chameleon skin changers
- BF1 LUA command execution via hotkey
- Reverse munger or decompilers
- Display PS2 unit spawn selection screen for PC
-
- Teleportation (Not grappling hook)
- Unit hovering
- Changing class/team without dying/killing yourself
- Multiple "maps" on one planet (IE: combining Eisley and Dune Sea into one map)
- Healing gun? (Has this been made yet?)
- Time freeze for everything except yourself (freezing the AI completely, but you can walk around and shoot)
- In-game weapons disable
- In-game "auto win" (switch map)
- In-game name changer (don't have to leave server)
-

Oooh! Here's some:

- Teleportation (Not grappling hook)
- Unit hovering
- Changing class/team without dying/killing yourself
- Multiple "maps" on one planet (IE: combining Eisley and Dune Sea into one map)
- Healing gun? (Has this been made yet?)
- Time freeze for everything except yourself (freezing the AI completely, but you can walk around and shoot)
- In-game weapons disable
- In-game "auto win" (switch map)
- In-game name changer (don't have to leave server)

I have more ideas, but this is all I can remember.

Quote- Multiple "maps" on one planet (IE: combining Eisley and Dune Sea into one map)

This one kind of works using the LUA trick, the better way would be through zeroeditor but takes a lot of work. Still another way could exist which might be better than both of these.

I don't know if this counts but SWBFI Hero's that are like SWBFII. With special animations, moves and light saber throw etc.

Do you mean more AI on stock maps beacuse there are already way more than 32 at Helms Deep.
I would like to see;
-solid corpses that stay in place
-random invincibility (dropped like health/ammo)
-forced team switch (if you are killed you switch to the other team)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I have a healing gun. It's basically a fusion cutter with a different model set up to repair people and droids, instead of vehicles and buildings.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: Aɢᴇɴᴛ Z on December 31, 2012, 08:18:40 PM
- Unit hovering
Actualy, hovering is possible, as special type of jet. It's not the same as remote droid hovering, but anyway work's...
Well, here is my list, of realy impossible things:

1. Pilots cud repair vehicles, at secondary positions, turrets, when drive.
2. AI pilots, cud repair recharge droids.
3. Vehicles, cud have reflections, with reflect regions.
4. Hovers, cud sunk under water.
5. Shields, cud be deformed in all 3D dimensions (soap shape).
6. Muzzle effects, cud have strong particle connection, with weapon firepoints (like weapon chargeup effects).
7. Infantry have custom animation (double pistol).
8. Game, cud recognize secondary alpha chanell (real glass), and cud mix specularity with bump.
9. Doors, cud be triggered (opened) by vehicles.
10. Water grid surface, cud have more then 1 levels (waterfall).
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

January 01, 2013, 06:56:19 AM #8 Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:00:46 AM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 01, 2013, 05:06:12 AM
Do you mean more AI on stock maps beacuse there are already way more than 32 at Helms Deep.
I would like to see;
-solid corpses that stay in place
-random invincibility (dropped like health/ammo)
-forced team switch (if you are killed you switch to the other team)

I know when me, Sha-Zam, and Dark were chillin' on a server, Sha-Zam had this mod or something that actually kept the corpse in place. The weird thing was though that sometimes you would spawn from where you died. Eventually we had some fun with it, plied a ton of dead Dark Troopers in the CFC pit. I still don't know how, but perhaps Sha-Zam could mention how.

As for me, I've had a few ideas:
-import SWBF2 effects into SWBF1 (like the shotgun spray, lighting, etc.)
-play on a side modded/mod mapped server without having either the side or the map
-ability to hide server(s) from the server list (like make them appear or disappear at will)
-force any player (at random) to swap sides to even out matches in servers

January 01, 2013, 09:09:43 AM #9 Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:28:59 AM by Agent Z
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 01, 2013, 06:56:19 AM
I know when me, Sha-Zam, and Dark were chillin' on a server, Sha-Zam had this mod or something that actually kept the corpse in place. The weird thing was though that sometimes you would spawn from where you died. Eventually we had some fun with it, plied a ton of dead Dark Troopers in the CFC pit. I still don't know how, but perhaps Sha-Zam could mention how.
Oh, that old thing? It's some trainer I had that could do all sorts of wacky stuff in my servers. I'll dig through my stuff and try to find it.

-edit:  Found it.

Here's what it can do:
[spoiler]- Infinite Health
- Infinite Jetpack
- Infinite Reinforcements (Stays at current number)
- Disable Droideka Shield
- Weapon Overheat (No reload)
- Infinite Ammo
- Infinite Droideka Shield
- Walk Through Walls (Including the floor, at times)
- Fall Through Current Object
- Fall Below Map
- Lock X and Y Coordinates (Can only move up or down)
- Disable Death Barriers and Boundaries (Death regions, out of battlefield, ect)
- Instant Death Upon Leaving the Battlefield
- No Clip (Not sure what this does)
- Hardcore (Gives everyone more health)
- Instantly Leave Map (Teleports you to a pre-set position out of the battlefield)
- Infinite Ammo 2 (Infinite recon ammo)
- Shoot While Jumping
- Put Camera View Under the Map
- Change Camera Position A
- Change Camera Position B
- Hover (Buggy)
- Deny Increase in the Y Axis (Jumping, Jet, ect.)
- Deny Weapon Switching (Buggy)
- Shoot Both Primary or Secondary Weapons at Once (Buggy)
- Deny Shooting
- Remove Shooting Animation
- Instant Win (Sets reinforcements to 0 upon next death)[/spoiler]

It enables/disables certain things by pressing hotkeys in-game (shift+1, control+5, alt+4, ect.)
Unfortunately, it doesn't work when I host a LAN game, so I only use it in SP now.

Quote from: Phobos on December 31, 2012, 08:36:25 PM
This one kind of works using the LUA trick, the better way would be through zeroeditor but takes a lot of work. Still another way could exist which might be better than both of these.

I may have found out a way to get this to work.  So far I have the stock Platforms map objects sitting above Cloud City (a little outside), and I think with a little bit of mission.lvl editing to go with it, I could have all the command posts and ships sitting up there too.  Two maps in one.  If I could get all that done, a little bit of coordinate changing and it could be directly above (although that could take a while to get exact  :dry:)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Creating custom campaings/galactic conquests.
Playable natives.

Quote from: Ltin on January 13, 2013, 11:35:16 AM
Creating custom campaings/galactic conquests.
Playable natives.

No speculation needed for playable natives.  This is easily done with a map lua edit.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on January 13, 2013, 11:44:10 AM
No speculation needed for playable natives.  This is easily done with a map lua edit.
even with the other factions playable too? What i am saying is having three teams, with nativs being able to spawn just like they would normally like gammorean gaurds.

Quote from: Ltin on January 13, 2013, 11:51:52 AM
even with the other factions playable too? What i am saying is having three teams, with nativs being able to spawn just like they would normally like gammorean gaurds.

There can only be two human playable teams. However, you can mix droids and gammoreans on the same team.  You can spawn up to 5 local teams with what ever units you want, too.  The local teams (natives) are not playable.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet