Yet another problem :(

Started by Daa Bob, June 15, 2009, 11:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Alright. I have been trying to figure out the problem but can't seem to get around it. Every time I try to play one player, it asks for my CD key. The weird thing is I put it in and Battlefront shuts down. (Before anyone asks I have actually bought the game)

The only problem with this is that I can not install Custom Maps in the add on folder. I can still play online with standards.

Any ideas? I am kind of desperate to play again. :cry:

Did you install 1.2 Rev A? You said you can't install maps.

EDIT: Even better, do you have admin access? You should have Read and Write permissions for the Applications folder or where you have installed SWBF.

Otherwise, the text file containing your cd key cannot save and it'll ask it everytime (in theory).

#TYBG

Quote from: "Thomas"Did you install 1.2 Rev A? You said you can't install maps.

EDIT: Even better, do you have admin access? You should have Read and Write permissions for the Applications folder or where you have installed SWBF.

Otherwise, the text file containing your cd key cannot save and it'll ask it everytime (in theory).

False, on my old Macbook Star Wars Battlefront was located in my applications folder and I was allowed to add or take away custom maps, thus proving the theory wrong.

His second comment was pertaining to the CD key problem not the Maps, he changed subject after asking if the Rav a 1.2 patch was installed.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Yah I installed the rev patch already. However, I am still not able to install custom maps? It is really weird. I haven't been having a problem playing online, I just can't use custom maps. I am really confused. I also was experimenting a little bit and found that my game no longer asks for a cd key but my screen goes blank and then it "quits unexpectedly". Any ideas.

p.s.

Thanks for all help, I really appreciate it. :D

You have more then 21 maps in your "Add Ons" Folder?

Do you have Mods in your Add Ons Folder that are no correctly installed? (folders should contain 2 files "addme.script" and a folder named "Data")
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Great news! Now I can't play the game. I'm having the cd key error as well.

#TYBG

That really is bad news  :cry:

does it make it impossible to play 1 player? I mean does it crash when you open Battlefront. If so that is my problem. I still can't get a custom map to work at all.

Oh and hardcore I have only 4 maps, and each one has the addme script in them. So I try to play a custom map game online and it still says I do not have the maps. I checked my add ons folder and they where there. It is like my game can't read them there or something, but it can read the standards.

Got Tat3?

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

I'll re-install Gameranger and probably reinstall SWBF along the way. I'll tell you how that goes.

#TYBG