SWBF Leaderboards

Started by {PLA}gdh92, August 31, 2012, 11:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok hi everyone. Thank you for participating in Mine and GDH's tourney, and Led for hosting. Me and GDH have discussed this as any tournament admin would do and we would like to know if you all would like one more chance to prove your true skill. Everyones place will be put in random.org, and your as well as your oppenents number will be chosen, thus you and that person will have that match, if you lose your out... but if you win then you move on to the next match. If you would like to end the tournament this way then post here saying you would like too, if you would just like to end the tournament as is just post here saying you dont want the tourney to end. Thank you all again for being apart in this wonderful tournament.   :)
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

From posts before this idea most people seemed happy for the tournament to end but I like the idea of some sort of 'endgame'. The only thing I will say is that this idea won't take into account your position at the moment so it might seem unfair to the top players, although if you got there through skill you should win right?:) Because this wasn't in the original rules and people joined not knowing about this, it will only happen if players want it and there are no objections.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

October 17, 2012, 01:17:04 PM #332 Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 01:27:57 PM by [FC]Elite
I rather just have the top 4 , duel each other
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

It actually sounds like more of another tournament honestly. Because it would make everything we have been doing the past few months mean nothing. Perhaps we just end this one. I think your idea for randomly selecting players then having single elimination would be a great idea, but not sure about tacking it onto the end of this tournament, which has already been a huge success.  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

I'm fine with the idea, though those higher guys will have trouble on them, even though they are atop... Kinda funny, I was reading Naruto today and they did something like this.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: {212} =-Norris-= on October 17, 2012, 01:45:18 PM
It actually sounds like more of another tournament honestly. Because it would make everything we have been doing the past few months mean nothing. Perhaps we just end this one. I think your idea for randomly selecting players then having single elimination would be a great idea, but not sure about tacking it onto the end of this tournament, which has already been a huge success.  :tu:
Thats pretty much my thoughts. :) Sev likes the idea of having something at the end so we thought it was worth seeing what people think.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I agree with Norris, it would make everything that we did already pointless, since our position wouldn't mean anything. I say we end it and top ten gets awards, obviously top 3 would get specified awards. Or do and end tournament bracket where you seed the players according to their position (1 would play 18, 2 would play 17, etc.) .

I beat Sev.  Good game. :-D

Quote from: Are§ on October 17, 2012, 02:25:08 PM
I agree with Norris, it would make everything that we did already pointless, since our position wouldn't mean anything. I say we end it and top ten gets awards, obviously top 3 would get specified awards. Or do and end tournament bracket where you seed the players according to their position (1 would play 18, 2 would play 17, etc.) .

How about the top four ranked players, or some other figure, receive a first round bye?

Quote from: Are§ on October 17, 2012, 02:25:08 PM

Oh geez Ares, I swear if i have to fight Rage... jesus help me...
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Well it was just an idea... i will discuss on how we should end this tourney with Gdh.  :)

Why not have elimination tell there's only 4 left?

Yeah I was kinda thinking what penguin just said... an elimination. 1 life... no respawns... perhaps specials off or 1.0...
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I was thinking more of elimination if you lose a ordinary round, but I don't have any thing against that idea.

Those are all great ideas but again you might as well start another tournament instead of changing how this one works.   ;)

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Well it wouldn't be so much changing the way the tournament works, but finishing it off by seeing who truly deserves what place.