First Person View is meh...

Started by Kit Fisto, August 28, 2012, 08:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So the First Person View in SWBF in terms of gameplay is  :confused:. Yea. But it is believe it or not, super fun to play in on certain maps! Close up maps are the ones to play first person view in. It makes it super intense because you can't see your surroundings and a grenade can pop out of no where behind you and boom!!! I urge you to at least try it on Jabba's Palace and/or one of the Tantive IV conversions. ( I personally like Sereja's more because of more variety in gameplay )
Try it out and let me know what you think!
Oh and check out this sick victory screen I just took.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
It all happened by chance.  :o

Yeah 1st person view perspective reminds me a lot of how the JK games feel too. Only thing is that it limits your view more. If only all the players did it at the same time, then everyone would have a legit chance at fighting each other.

Btw Vader is pounding his fist on the floor in that picture, just saying.
photobucket limit image removed

The first person is boring for many reasons.

HERE'S A FEW NOW

.When reloading, the gun and player arms simply drift off the screen which is BORING. Come-on... reload animations can be fun!
.No variation between gun animations they're all the same.
.The player model arms are possibly slightly too far away.
.Lack of an "aiming down the barrel" or iron sights option makes the transition between zooming less smooth in weapons such as pistols or rifles.
.What appears to be a comfortable sensitivity in 3rd person usually doesn't work as brilliantly in 1st person.
.BORING

I agree with you guys, but did you try to play the maps I said in FPV? It is super fun! Just try it and see...  :tu:

First person makes me motion sick  :sick:

However, for aiming up close, the reticule is more accurate in first person as compared with third.

Sometimes, I will switch back and forth in a fight, particularly when I am a DT.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on August 29, 2012, 06:18:13 PM
the reticule is more accurate in first person as compared with third.

what I like about first person is the specialized huds for vehicles, makes it feel (in a way) more realistic

Quote from: kitfisto15678 {GLT} Commander on August 28, 2012, 08:09:11 PM
Oh and check out this sick victory screen I just took.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
It all happened by chance.  :o
btw, nice screenie kit
Favorite word:
Awesome!
Wahnsinn!
Impresionante!
отлично!
Toppen!
Magnifique!
!מדהים
酷毙了!
Przerażające!

Quote from: Buckler on August 29, 2012, 06:18:13 PM
First person makes me motion sick  :sick:

However, for aiming up close, the reticule is more accurate in first person as compared with third.

Sometimes, I will switch back and forth in a fight, particularly when I am a DT.
I think that the first person reticule advantage would be most useful with a shotgun unit, like you said. Either the pilot or DT  are good in first person. Other than that though, I stick to third. The awareness you have of the battle going on around you is key, and it saves me from many deaths in chaotic battles. Also, you can use the zoom key to aim at your opponents...deadly with a blaster rifle.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

I only play in first person whenever I play with my USB Gamepad. Gives me a better sense of console FPS when I do that. Other than that, 3rd person is probably the way to go for most.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper