Original WIP Topic

Started by jdee-barc, June 22, 2012, 07:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
alright i cant wait and I think i speak on behalf of me and Kitfisto!! lol.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

@Buckler. Wait, wait, that's the 2nd version I released before it was ready. There are so many crashing bugs in that version! Would you mind holding off on that?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

lol Based God Pancake flipping J-dee!!!

August 25, 2012, 05:34:04 PM #93 Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:42:00 PM by Buckler
Quote from: jdee-barc on August 25, 2012, 04:16:35 PM
@Buckler. Wait, wait, that's the 2nd version I released before it was ready. There are so many crashing bugs in that version! Would you mind holding off on that?

ok, this thread was about 2.0, so that is what I was talking about.  But, I also have another one, here is your readme:  (self extracting 7zip exe)  called Battlefront_1.5_installer.zip

[spoiler]
Battlefront 1.5 is the first attempt at an actual era mod for SWBF1. Based on a combination of two simple scripts, new game modes and eras can be added for new sides, while retaining stock sides and stock maps, and bypassing the addon map limit. It introduces worlds ported from SWBF2, community made worlds, and new modes, using new units, new vehicles, new heroes, and upgraded visuals

Installation Instructions
Before doing any of this, make sure you have the 1.2 Patch installed for SWBF

Extract the folders Data and AddOn. copy this into the destination box: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\star Wars Battlefront\GameData (or wherever your GameData folder exists)
Say yes to replace and/or overwrite for all items

optional if you don't want stock sides in maps included in mod (like bf2 conversions, and community made maps
remove the following folders from AddOn if you have them
myg1, kashunt, nab4, fel1, mus1, uta1, MCW (another Mygeeto conversion), FF1 (another Felucia conversion), chainisle, RSN, BEQ

IMPORTANT: AFTER INSTALLING, I AM ABSOLUTLEY SERIOUS, YOU MUST READ THE DOCUMENTS IN THE NEWLY CREATED FOLDER "DOCUMENTATION", ALTHOUGH, THE ONE ABOUT ANIMATION YOU CAN CHOOSE TO SKI

For those looking to install it on a mac, I'll put up a zip archive with the folders for manual install.
For those seeking to uninstall, an uninstaller will be made at a later time.

BUGS

CREDITS
DEVISSR_REX and Icemember: A lot of the clone and stormtrooper model
ACE Mastermind: OOM Droid Models, backpackless droid models
battlebelk: core, mission, and common lvl builders
SleepKiller: new game fonts
DarthDUCK: Pistol animation, Remapped troopers
Kinetosimpetus: Improved IG-88, EVO Trooper, Improved Stock Stormtroopers, DC-17 Pistol
Rougeknight: Halo Gun Model
Maveritchell: Z-95 Headhunter Model.
Conversion Pack Team: Conversion Pack vehicle assets (in particular, the Star Viper)
Teancum: the missionlist script. Without it, this mod would not have eras and modes, also, his improved A-Wing
AQT: Jumptrooper, Stormtrooper skinpack, TFU Militia model, TORtrooper model
Zymotico: JK2 V-19
Imp_Strikeforce/Rebel_scum: Mygeeto, Mustafar, Felucia, and Utapau Conversions
Psych0fred: Chainisle Map, releasing fully working K-Wing, Light Attack Speeder, and HAG assets
BIG-Cooke: AAT skin
Dragonum: DC-15s Pistol
The Royal Guard was made for JKA by Eric Landenreau, and converted by DarthDUCK
ggctuk: Main play mod assets v6, Imperial Clone Commander skins, katarn trooper and incinerator trooper assets
arc_commander: BFX assets
bamdur: help with animations
Vyse for the Vibrosword?
Caleb117 for an alternative chaingun model
gogo12: Dantooine, Core Ship Map, Renegade Squadron Space Map (labeled as Space Kashyyyk)
THEWULFMAN: 501st clone skins
Pandemic for Stock Assets
Repsharpshooter for the E11s Model and DC-15ex model
OOM-9: DC-15 Carbine
MaxLoef: DC-15A Rifle texture

NOTE: GOGO12's RENEGADE SQUADRON MAP IS LISTED AS [MOD]SPACE KASHYYYK. I thought RENEGADE SQUADRON SEEMED BETTER FOR A STANDALONE MAP THAN A LARGE MOD.

BUGS
Utapau and Mygeeto occasionally have buggy collision issues.
AI pilots in Renegade Squadron map tend to fly into their own capital ships at the beginning of the mission
Bespin Platforms in CW mod era: Visual effects tend to short out and dissapear after a while. I have no idea as to why this is the case
the visual patch, i've tested to be multiplayer compatible.

Thanks for downloading Battlfront 1.5!
[/spoiler]
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Perfection! That's the one I was looking for  :tu:
Current Projects:

so this one has less bugs right is it newer or older?

It's version 1.5. No crashing bugs, just slight messups in things like animations and sound. Read the readme for it.
Current Projects:

alright thank you. :)

Screens!!

Rebel Screens

The new Rebel Airtrooper. Found a pretty neat jetpack.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Weapons: CR-1 Blaster Cannon, DH-17 Blaster Pistol, Wrist Rocket, Time Bomb)

The Redesigned Rebel Soldier (TFU Variant).
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Empire Screens

Imperial Engineer. Dude couldn't survive on only a pistol in battle. So he got a T-21
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I brought back the Scout Trooper. This guy's ready for anything with his charging sniper rifle, specialized scout pistol, concussion grenades, and a detpack
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Storm Commando is now a spy unit. When The Scout came back into action, he returned the sniper rifle, and found some odd weapons for himself. A small carbine that disintegrates people, a disguise kit that would turn him into a Rebel Soldier for an unprecedented amount of time, a super-sharp knife, and a few tripwire mines for blowing up things.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

CIS Updates. Still in progress

The Assault Droid got a pretty cool rocket launcher upgrade. It shoots rather large rockets
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Republic Updates: still in progress
-Galactic Marines are here! This time with different colors
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
-Jet Trooper update: New jetpack effect!
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Current Projects:

August 26, 2012, 06:10:06 AM #99 Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:23:11 AM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
Will you be releasing any assets? These skins are amazing!  :o

As always, your screenshots make me get more and more anxious to try this out.

Quote from: jdee-barc on August 25, 2012, 10:24:11 PM
The Assault Droid got a pretty cool rocket launcher upgrade. It shoots rather large rockets
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
How'd you get that picture? Do the rockets shoot really slow or something?  :wacko:

If you use free camera after shooting the rocket and move to where the rocket is you can get a detailed look at it. Try it and you'll see what I mean.  ;)

Haven't decided on what assets I'm releasing. I'll think about it after I finish the mod.
Current Projects:

August 26, 2012, 10:15:50 PM #102 Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:37:00 AM by jdee-barc
Bad news: I can't useT1-B and Firehawke tanks  that I've used in my mod up to this point. Unfortunately, the guy who uploaded them "Warlord28" apparently stole them from another mod for another game. I don't want to use stolen content.

Instead I'll use my last resort for this:

The BF2 Hovertank for the Rebels
Tank Health: Average
Weapon Strength: strong
Seats: 2, Pilot and gunner
speed: It's a slowpoke  :P

Pilot weapons: Dual ion laser Cannons, dual anti-personnel Chainguns
Gunner weapons: Missile Turret (16 Rockets)

and a modification of the stock IFT-T model by Icemember.
It's basically an IFT-T with the side guns taken out. Instead there is one nosetip cannon and a bubble turret encasing what used to be the gunner turret. The pilot can activate a large shield while in battle as the weapons aren't as strong as that of the rebel tank.

Vehicle Health: average
Shield Health: average. Immune to infantry weapons (except explosives and disintegration rifles). can withstand a few rockets before going down and having to recharge
Weapon Strength: average
Speed: Fast

Seats: 4, Pilot, Gunner, 2 Passengers,
Pilot Weapons: Medium Laser Cannon, Shield Generator
Gunner Weapons: Heavy Laser Cannon (chargeable)

Screens of them will be up soon.
Current Projects:

THANK YOU BUCKLER!!!!