Nostalgia PS2 server IS UP!!

Started by tirpider, July 21, 2012, 03:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
@Buckler
They both work :)

@Mr. Toxic
I'm curious how you are monitoring the master server.
Are you using Qstat?
I tried fiddling with it for a bit, but moved on to other projects.

I can see both of those servers.

It doesn't matter what ports you open, if you are behind a router, you will get a 9998 ping.

I am using a software called sbmfc sample. I got it from one of the techs at GameSpy. I have tried to email the program to other players, but they couldn't get it to work.

Quote from: Mr. Toxic on July 23, 2012, 07:18:37 AM
It doesn't matter what ports you open, if you are behind a router, you will get a 9998 ping.

We have a similar issue on PC servers since 2010.  Home hosted servers behind a firewall ping at 9999 for us,
and are difficult to get into (have to use a trick:  host your own server, leave, then get into 9999 server).

What is odd is that it wasn't always this way...it used to work just fine with proper port forwarding.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Mr. Toxic on July 23, 2012, 07:18:37 AMI am using a software called sbmfc sample.

I see. I was just curious.
A while back I was searching for a way to do some ps2 server monitoring for stats and such, and (like you) see what servers were up without booting the console. There are a lot of dead ends in that search.

I have enough mystery software to keep me busy for a long time.
Not being able to poll SWBF servers or the master server is something I can live with.

Buckler

You may want to contact Lucas Arts support.  According to the tech at GameSpy, if you can connect to the internet and see the master list, that's where their (GameSpy) responsibility ends. If you are having trouble joining a server, that has something to do with Lucas Arts.  In the case of Battlefront for PS2, there needs to be at least one server on the list that is not behind a router in order to join any server. If all servers on the list have a 9998 ping, it is impossible to join any server. It won't connect and just times out. There may be a similar issued with the PC version. I believe Lucas Arts still supports the PC version, you should give them a call.

to get rid of the 9998 ping you allow the ign entertainment ip 69.10.30.12 icmp and your server will ping 1-100. using a program called peer guardian 2

tirpider
A while back I was searching for a way to do some ps2 server monitoring for stats and such, and (like you) see what servers were up without booting the console

you can use xfire to see the players/stats/servers for the ps2

Right on.
Thats pretty cool.
I will try it out the next time I turn the_shop on.
Thanks for sharing that.