Snake's Tutorial on Locolization

Started by Snake, May 27, 2012, 07:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 27, 2012, 07:04:58 PM Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:32:35 PM by SnΛke
There's a lot of info missing about Locolization so I'd like to add a little of what I know.

-Renaming CP's-
1. Open Locolization tool
2. double click "level" then your modid
3. click on CP1Label and rename it
4. do the same with CP2Label
5. To add other cps just right click on your modid and click "Add New Key" then rename it to CP3Label, etc.

-Renaming units-
1. Right click on a blank space and click "add Root Level Scope" and name it entity
2. Right click on "entity" and click "add Scope" and name it the abbreviation of whatever side you want. (all, imp, cis, etc.)
3. Right click on the side, "all" for example, and click "add key" and name it a unit, "inf_soldier" for example.
4. you can rename any unit by naming keys "inf_smuggler", etc.
5. then just type the name you want.

-Renaming vehicles-
1. Do the same as above but instead of making a key as "inf_smuggler" for example, make keys with the vehicle names like "fly_xwing"

-Renaming weapons-
1. Right click "weapons" and click "Add Scope" and name it a side (all, imp, cis, etc.)
2. Right click your new side and click "Add Scope" and name it weap (just weap not weapons)
3. Right click on "weap" and click "Add Key" and rename it inf_rifle or any other weapon.

-Renaming kill messages-
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=908.0
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

It is strange, but this is the point, where I am stuk:
Quote from: SnΛke on May 27, 2012, 07:04:58 PM
1. Right click on "level" and click "add Scope" and name it entity
The "entity" uppear only under "ModID", but not under "level".
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

where can you find a locolization tool?

I do not have any "tool", just click the button Localize ModID, at BFBuilder Pro.

May 28, 2012, 04:06:22 AM #4 Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:29:17 AM by MARCUS
Quote from: Sereja on May 28, 2012, 02:44:17 AM
It is strange, but this is the point, where I am stuk:The "entity" uppear only under "ModID", but not under "level".

i think this is what he means, i happens to me too

i have another question too;

-Renaming units-
3. Right click on the side, "all" for example, and click "add key" and name it a unit, "inf_soldier" for example.

what else is there besides 'inf_soldier'?
what if i want to change the name of the dark trooper, how do i do that?

Quote from: Sereja on May 28, 2012, 02:44:17 AM
It is strange, but this is the point, where I am stuk:The "entity" uppear only under "ModID", but not under "level".

Ah, my fault. Right click on a blank area in the locolize tool and click "Add Root Level Scope" I will fix that.

Quote from: MARCUS on May 28, 2012, 04:06:22 AM

i think this is what he means, i happens to me too

i have another question too;

-Renaming units-

what else is there besides 'inf_soldier'?
what if i want to change the name of the dark trooper, how do i do that?

inf_darktrooper, inf_stormtrooper, inf_vanguard.. It's just the name of the odf.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Is there exist possible way, to give the name, for secondary locals?

I have been wanting to test this out.. Maybe if the TeamName is locals2 then you can add a key with that name and rename it to whatever. Just a theory.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

The game "feel" only the line, named: LOCAL. It is strange, becose one of my local sides, in Mission LUA, named "locals", second: "locals2". No any "LOCAL" at all. So, from what file, the game read this name, and how I may change it?

Hmm.. I do not know Sereja. :/
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

It could be the game can have 5 local teams, but the localization tool was made to only deal with one.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

how do you make your custom sides units have a name? i tried this and it didnt change the name. also how can i make these unit name changes appear for the default game and not just my custom mission
KadeEclipse