The "I Have An Idea!" thread

Started by Snake, March 07, 2012, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I like the enemy infantry alert idea.. And I do believe its quite possible..

Also, My dream has always been to have a bomb siren going in the background of some urban map..

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 06, 2013, 09:32:55 AM
I like the enemy infantry alert idea.. And I do believe its quite possible..

Also, My dream has always been to have a bomb siren going in the background of some urban map..
Yeah...
Or the Imperial klaxon that you occasionally hear in Star Wars:

I think there is a great potential to use sound for atmospheric reasons which has been rarely exploited in SWBF.

November 07, 2013, 01:08:07 PM #107 Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:20:38 AM by UNIT 33
Halo mod, Halo mod, Halo mod
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: jdee-barc on July 29, 2012, 04:38:09 PM
An idea for a weapon: Orbital Grenade Drop

You shoot the beacon, just like an orbital strike, but instead of 3 giant lasers vaporizing people, a hailstorm of grenades rains down, causing widespread destruction.
Or perhaps a mine, in which case a subject steps on, does not explode, but rather orbital strikes come down immediately and vaporize him without a sound, no push, and no rumble effect. (Perhaps even no dying animation or body staying there for 4-5 seconds).

His team mates don't even know hes gone. Of course the only time you're truely safe is when the mine is inside a building.. Then you can stomp on them to your hearts content (story of my life).

November 09, 2013, 07:15:58 PM #109 Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:23:21 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
The Forerunner gun effect, after killed the body immediately disintegrates into red ambers, perfect for a orbital disintegration mine

For you non-visuals:

Ok, this is an idea I've had a long time (well, it's actually 2 ideas, but similar ideas nonetheless).

[spoiler]
A group of stranded clones (or a squad of clone commandos), is sent to investigate a CIS outpost and their new weapon. Unfortunately, before they can arrive a massive EMP burst is shot from the outpost, and it takes down the gunship. Little do they know, this EMP burst had a special virus implemented, that resurrected any dead battle droids on the field, and this field was full of them. With no ability to contact command, the clones must duke it out and survive against an undead horde of machinery.

(Alternative idea)

A group of battle droids is stranded in a previous Republic battlefield. Lost from their detachment, and suddenly gaining an actual conscience (having been disconnected from their command), they realize that there is a deadly airborne chemical in the open plain. This chemical has the ability to resurrect dead clones! Now on their own, the droids must survive the massive onslaught of undead clone troopers.
[spoiler]

I was thinking for the first one, have some B1s and B2s with limbs barely attached by wiring, some missing limbs, blast marks on them everywhere, exposed machinery, etc. Just to give it that horrifyingly zombie-like appeal. The clone trooper one sounds a bit easier to manage however, since there's little to do other than missing limbs, exposed guts, etc.

Tell me what you guys think, and if it's a possible idea! :D

November 30, 2013, 09:00:23 AM #111 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:02:58 AM by -RepublicCommando-
I like the idea of undead clones, but perhaps use the geonosian worm egg things take them over instead?
-Undead battledroids are just a bit too much for me to handle (even unrealistic for star wars.. :shrug: )

November 30, 2013, 09:55:01 AM #112 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:07:40 AM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 30, 2013, 09:00:23 AM
I like the idea of undead clones, but perhaps use the geonosian worm egg things take them over instead?
-Undead battledroids are just a bit too much for me to handle (even unrealistic for star wars.. :shrug: )

Eh, but the genosian brain worms actually did garner intelligence from the clones brains (meaning they could actually fire blasters and operate tech), so they would be more controlled clones than zombies. However horriyfing regardless, they just don't fit the zombie category in my opinion. :P

I'l admit, undead battle droids is a bit of a stretch for Star Wars, but zombies themselves were a bit of a stretch in Star Wars as well! Besides, I thought Death Troopers did a good job implementing zombies into Star Wars. I figured, we have human zombies (Call of Duty, etc.), mutated zombies (Left 4 Dead), and alien zombies (Death Troopers), but we don't have any machine zombies! I think it would be an impressive feat to have undead battle droids, and if they looked just the right type of "undead", it would fit seamlessly! :D (Albeit, zombified robots does sound a bit steampunk I might add. ;))

EDIT: It's hard to find the material that I'd like, but this is pretty much a prime example of it:

November 30, 2013, 05:59:58 PM #113 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 06:02:04 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Well, the thing is that Clones are flesh, just like everything else that lives, so it makes a bit of sense for a virus (which is only common to living things) can take over an entity in a story (I think it neurologically impossible, even if manufactured by a genius).

I don't understand what a battledroid could possibly do to carry the decease, let alone redistribute it (what are they going to do? Bite you? Whack you with something?), so you would have to be very creative to come up with a good solid back story for a mod like that, however cool it may be.

If you're just looking for a mod where droids walk slower and have their limbs all falling off, that's cool too :P

--It would be nice if SWBF came with a damage index option.. Where the model has banks of versions of the model that represent the model in it's current health state. Where anything between # and # would make the model in damage # index appear.. So you could shoot off their arms and the like.

REQUEST: Can someone just do a little editing to the stock maps so that you can explore the whole map? (Meaning no boundaries)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

December 01, 2013, 12:13:39 PM #115 Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:19:10 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
Josh you can't even mod and you can do that, just open the map in Zeroeditor, and then just select the boundaries and delete them, munge and your done

EDIT: As of the droid zombies maybe it could be like that Transformers Prime episode with the Decpticon zombies that have the weird mouth tentacle thing, just put it on their face or their hands or something then they can infect other droids, and after they kill clones, they take control of their armor.
:cheer: (I figured out the zombie droid problem)

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on December 01, 2013, 12:13:39 PM
Josh you can't even mod and you can do that, just open the map in Zeroeditor, and then just select the boundaries and delete them, munge and your done

EDIT: As of the droid zombies maybe it could be like that Transformers Prime episode with the Decpticon zombies that have the weird mouth tentacle thing, just put it on their face or their hands or something then they can infect other droids, and after they kill clones, they take control of their armor.
:cheer: (I figured out the zombie droid problem)

Ehh, the Transformers Prime idea (while I admit, is an awesome one), isn't exactly what I had in mind...  :shrug:

Just basic resurrection with their current state is what I had in mind, not as disturbing as what that episode entailed. (And yes, I did watch that episode, I've watched all the seasons! :D)

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on December 01, 2013, 12:13:39 PM

I have downloaded mod tools before, they don't work.
Maybe a side mod with lots of health?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

you dont need zeroeditor or any modding tools to remove boundaries. just open the world LVL in hex editor search for "boundary" or "Boundary" and null out the string.

Quote from: Carbon27 on December 02, 2013, 03:39:36 AM
I have downloaded mod tools before, they don't work.
Maybe a side mod with lots of health?
I think the boundaries produce a special kind of damage, where nothing can escape from.. Except with the special type of invincibility on the invincibility option in multiplayer Dedicated servers.

There are several ways around boundaries though; Like Phobos said, you could "hack" them out, which is easy, You could mod them out, but you need the mod tools to work, you can use invincibility option on with dedicated server with lan line (I don't recommend that, btw), or you could experiment with player health and see if you can reach a value that won't kill you and have a recharge with the same value (I do believe the boundaries are a constant flow of damage, once every few ticks/steps or so?)