The "I Have An Idea!" thread

Started by Snake, March 07, 2012, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on September 24, 2013, 03:30:55 PM
there is a similar walker called a AT-OT (All Terrain Open Transport) it was briefly shown in EP3 before the death scene for Aayla Secura it actually looks a lot like that walker you pulled up

Link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Open_Transport
Yeah, I suppose they are somewhat related. I just surmised that the cargo ATTE would be easier maybe.

I've had an idea for a map (or two) for a long time. Unfortunately I'm on Mac so i can't make maps.
I would love to see a "Star Trek Battlefront" map w/star trek models. GCW would be the original Star Trek characters versus the Klingons. And CW would be the next generation characters versus the Borg. The Map itself would be a dea1-like map onboard the Enterprise. And maybe a second map on one of the planets the star trek crew visited in the original series. I think this would be epic. The weapons would be different phasers, of course; hand phasers, phaser rifles, etc. Obviously this would be a huge project and would likely require a group effort. But it would be awesome!

Quote from: Ryanoceros on September 28, 2013, 01:43:33 PM
I've had an idea for a map (or two) for a long time. Unfortunately I'm on Mac so i can't make maps.
I would love to see a "Star Trek Battlefront" map w/star trek models. GCW would be the original Star Trek characters versus the Klingons. And CW would be the next generation characters versus the Borg. The Map itself would be a dea1-like map onboard the Enterprise. And maybe a second map on one of the planets the star trek crew visited in the original series. I think this would be epic. The weapons would be different phasers, of course; hand phasers, phaser rifles, etc. Obviously this would be a huge project and would likely require a group effort. But it would be awesome!

Starfleet uniforms would be quite easy to make and wouldn't require any new models.
But the Phasers would of course, as well as the Borg etc...
It would be fun to do, but why not a Star Trek VS Star Wars mod? That would allow for the usage of existing maps.

Perhaps yet another worm-hole related accident causes the crew of the Enterprise to beam over to some SW universe place.
And you could have the eras... CW, the TOS generation fighting Droids, and then NGT fighting Imperials in GCW?

Quote from: UNIT 33 on September 28, 2013, 01:56:02 PM
It would be fun to do, but why not a Star Trek VS Star Wars mod?

Oh my gosh...               that would be so epic![spoiler]EXTREMELY EPIC![/spoiler]

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: UNIT 33 on September 28, 2013, 01:56:02 PM
Starfleet uniforms would be quite easy to make and wouldn't require any new models.
But the Phasers would of course, as well as the Borg etc...
It would be fun to do, but why not a Star Trek VS Star Wars mod? That would allow for the usage of existing maps.

Perhaps yet another worm-hole related accident causes the crew of the Enterprise to beam over to some SW universe place.
And you could have the eras... CW, the TOS generation fighting Droids, and then NGT fighting Imperials in GCW?

That would be awesome too! A Star Trek vs Star Wars map and mod would be epic for sure.

I have no clue as to how much work it would take, being a mac user I just don't know what is involved. But if you could make it, I'd be the first to DL it!  :cheer: And having battles on the Enterprise would be something new and thoroughly enjoyable for everyone.  It would bring new life to this old game. :)

Thats sound like a wonderful idea.

How bout since its also Star Wars it will be half Enterprise and half Star Destroyer or somethin like that
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Okay so I have a theory. I think its something pretty simple, but we get so used to all the rules and limits of SWBF modding that we stop thinking intuitively about it..

Basicly, I think its possible to override most (if not all) LVL loaded information from another LVL that has the same reference names.
So like SK's Legion changer, it reads a custom LVL with only textures in it (thats how I understood it, atleast), and since it's loaded mid-game, and overlapping previous data, the game ignores the old and looks at the shinny new data.

So if you wanted animations, or different meshs(etc..), I believe the rule is the same. If you have some way to read it ingame, whatever is loaded last overrides what was loaded first.
Quote from: Tirpider
Found it http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4923.0.
It basicly says add ReadDataFile("dc:COMMON\\common.lvl") to the mission lua.
For those of you that don't know, dc:=Read from its own root directory, COMMON\\= Folder,  common.lvl is just an LVL file.
I see no evidence that any script says that what the game can load next is hard coded, so that is why I think you could theoretically "replace" any loaded data from another LVL over one that is already loaded (granted it has the same chunk names) and it will work ingame.
So perhaps if you have a custom.lvl with only a few animations in it, and have it called somewhat like the Legion changer does with Ingame Read file commands, and you switched it on, you could see only those animations changed midgame?

--Sorry for the ramble, just thinking out loud.

October 04, 2013, 12:27:08 PM #98 Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:28:56 PM by Phobos
good luck getting models to swap out i think you can only change textures and some sky stuff sk and i never found a way to switch msh or animations midgame using lua-based changers. usually the result is a game crash

although we know its possible because of the disguise kit odf im just not sure how to switch models using lua

Ah okay.
Perhaps the files need to stay the same in size? The textures stay the same size as load as they're actually not scaled or stretched, correct? It would make sense why they work.

Have ODF files ever been tested?

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on October 04, 2013, 12:31:24 PM
Ah okay.
Perhaps the files need to stay the same in size? The textures stay the same size as load as they're actually not scaled or stretched, correct? It would make sense why they work.

Have ODF files ever been tested?
odfs crash or does nothing too i think

I have an idea about turrets.

A lot of stuff about autofiring turrets have been coming up. I believe most of the queries have been about deployable turrets that choose their own targets and fire at appropriate times. This isn't about those kinds of turrets.

What about making a unit that has no movement (Acceleraton = 0.0) and has a turret geometry?
Arm it with appropriate weapons, and assign it to a local team (allied with whoever you want.)

When it gets destroyed, another should spawn in it's place.

The only bug I see with this is multiple spawn nodes, and respawning "turrets" sometimes clustering together.

But it would essentially place the normal AI in control of a weapon and the ability to track and fire on targets on it's own, but with no movement capabilities.

Haven't tested this, but I will once I get back into the model testing.

This is my idea for Autoturrets.(I will use this idea in my Tatooine map).
Ok so i need something like a autoturrets on my capital ships.I will place normal autoturrets that need someone to control them.I will place close to them invisible CP.From that CP will spawn invisible AI soldiers (local team).I think you guys know how to make invisible soldier.You just need to edit him with hex editor and need to remove the texture in Gimp or Photoshop.Ok so you can't see the soldiers.They will use the turrets and they will shoot you.What you think about this guys?

I am sorry that i post this last lines here but i am trying to use this idea in my map with the bespin AA gun but when i look left,right,up or down the gun don't rotate.I am using stock model and don't know how to fix it.Can someone send me in PM a working bespin AA gun. :D

Quote from: Ginev on October 07, 2013, 05:47:45 AM
Can someone send me in PM a working bespin AA gun. :D
[spoiler=bes_bldg_AAA_Turret.ODF][GameObjectClass]
ClassLabel              = "armedbuilding"
GeometryName            = "kam_prop_antiaircraft.msh"

[Properties]

BUILDINGSECTION             = "BODY"

MapTexture          = "turret_icon"
IconTexture         = "HUD_all_lascannon_icon"

MapScale            = "1.2"
HealthTexture           = "HUD_kam_turret_icon"

GeometryName            = "kam_prop_antiaircraft"
DestroyedGeometryName       = "antiaircraft_chunk1"

MaxHealth           = "500.0"

BUILDINGSECTION         = "TURRET1"

TurretNodeName          = "aimer_y"  //   <-- thats where I think you went wrong, actually.

PitchLimits             = "-30 20"
YawLimits           = "-180 180"

PitchTurnFactor     = "0.0"
FirstPerson             = "com\comviewf;com_1st_cockpit_viewfinder"
ThirdPersonFOV = "65"
WeaponName          = "kam_weap_bldg_AAA_turret_cannon"
WeaponAmmo          = "0"

MaxTurnSpeed            = "3.8"
MaxPitchSpeed           = "3.8"
PitchRate            = "1.0"
TurnRate            = "1.5"
PCMaxPitchSpeed         = "3.0"
PCMaxTurnSpeed          = "3.0"   
EyePointOffset          = "0.0 6.2 -8.3"
TrackCenter = "0.0 8.0 5.0"
TrackOffset             = "0.0 -3.0 10.0"

TURRETSECTION       = "TURRET1"

AimerNodeName           = "aimer_x"
AimerPitchLimits             = "-30 20"
AimerYawLimits           = "0 0"

BarrelNodeName          = "barrel1"
BarrelRecoil            = "0.5"
FirePointName           = "hp_fire1"

NextBarrel              = "-"

BarrelNodeName          = "barrel2"
BarrelRecoil            = "0.5"
FirePointName           = "hp_fire2"

TurretYawSound         = "turret_whir_yaw_lp"
TurretYawSoundPitch    = "0.7"
TurretPitchSound       = "turret_whir_pitch_lp"
TurretPitchSoundPitch   = "0.7"
TurretAmbientSound     = ""
TurretActivateSound    = "vehicle_equip"
TurretDeactivateSound  = "vehicle_equip"
TurretStartSound       = ""
TurretStopSound        = ""

PilotPosition           = "hp_main_gunner"
PilotAnimation          = "drive"

FoleyFXGroup    = "metal_foley"

DamageStartPercent      = 50.0
DamageStopPercent       = 30.0
DamageEffect            = "vehiclespark"

DamageStartPercent      = 30.0
DamageStopPercent       = 0.0
DamageEffect            = "smokeplume"
DamageAttachPoint       = "hp_smoke_1"

//////  Chunks  //////////

CHUNKSECTION        = "CHUNK1"
ChunkGeometryName   = "antiaircraft_chunk2"
ChunkNodeName       = ""
ChunkTerrainCollisions  = "3"
ChunkTerrainEffect  = "explosion"
ChunkPhysics        = "FULL"
ChunkOmega      = "2.0 0.5 2.0"
ChunkBounciness         = 0.4
ChunkStickiness         = 0.25
ChunkSpeed      = "8.0"
ChunkUpFactor       = "2.00"
ChunkTrailEffect        = "mediumsmoketrail"

CHUNKSECTION        = "CHUNK2"
ChunkGeometryName   = "antiaircraft_chunk3"
ChunkNodeName       = ""
ChunkTerrainCollisions  = "5"
ChunkTerrainEffect  = "dirtspray"
ChunkOmega      = "3.0 2.0 2.0"
ChunkSpeed      = "14.0"
ChunkBounciness         = 0.5
ChunkStickiness         = 0.25

CHUNKSECTION        = "CHUNK3"
ChunkGeometryName   = "antiaircraft_chunk4"
ChunkNodeName       = ""
ChunkTerrainCollisions  = "3"
ChunkTerrainEffect  = "dirtspray"
ChunkOmega      = "3.0 1.0 2.0"
ChunkSpeed      = "9.0"
ChunkBounciness         = 0.3
ChunkStickiness         = 0.45

ExplosionCritical       = "bes_bldg_AAA_turret_exp"
ExplosionDestruct       = "bes_bldg_AAA_turret_exp"

Before I read the topic "Sirens", I thought it was going to be about a mod. (Which it wasn't) My brain automatically thought that the mod was a bot, (Like the ammo and health bots) that when you come near it, it would sound an alarm.

To me, that sounds like a great idea. Of course it would only affect the course of the game in MP, but isn't that what most of you guys play? They would be really cool to see in stealth maps, or at the base of a regular map.

Actually, this COULD also work in SP zombie maps, where it is intended for you to play only as the non zombie.

I guess I will add this since I'm already posting...

There are some maps from Renegade Squad that I have not seen available for SWBF1. I think it would be cool to make them!

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!