New Mod WIP! BF1.5 v2.0 "Squad-Up"

Started by jdee-barc, September 16, 2011, 05:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This seems cool! Is it online compatible? Possible release date?

June 20, 2012, 04:27:47 PM #76 Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:13:46 PM by jdee-barc
POssible Release date: not yet! :happy:

Online Compatbile? yeah. As I've explained before, it adds new sides and maps, but doesn't overwrite anything that was already there (ie. all stock things remain the same, but new sides, new scripts, and new maps are added on to it). And it doesn't clog up your addon folder.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

June 20, 2012, 07:24:34 PM #77 Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:13:58 PM by jdee-barc
Update: The Campaign storyboard part 2. A lot of these are one-man missions.

1. "Stormtroopers Suck Episode I": Play as Galen Marek for this mission, One man mission in high altitudes on Bespin , you board a rebel RM-09 gunship on a high-altitude platform and have to make a beeline for a huge Venator stardestroyer floating even higher up. You have to capture all the hangar CP's (a hangar on the underbelly of the ship, one or two on the sides, and one open section on top in the middle),  kill all the stormtroopers, or both. More to come later.

2. Going Alone on Mygeeto (one man mission). You play as the Unit 1 (the commando's ringleader) and quietly take out a small force (15 stormtroopers, 1 Storm Commando,  3 Phase 1 Darktroopers, 1 Stormtrooper Commander)

3. Rescue Mission on Yavin IV (on custom map of my creation) Part 1: play as the Stealth unit (unit 3). The venator plays a significant role here. You spawn on an island right next to an AT-AT. All you have is agunship to destroy it with and you have to fly over to the mainland where d there is a small building imprisoning a crowd of rebel Soldiers, guarded by stormtroopers. Its up to you to destroy the building, freeing the Rebels (who have no heavy weaponry)

4. The Liberation of Kashyyyk. Play as the rebels, with the assistance of the clone commandos (team 3), to capture the islands (on Kashyyyk Islands)

5. The Battle of Hoth: :  Just as the rebels were fleeing, a surprise AT-AT and a communication post was dropped down in front of the base, blocking the last ship. Playing as Unit 2, the Demolitions unit, Destroy the AT-AT, the communication post, and any stormtroopers that spawn to win.

6. Behind the scenes on Cloud City (on Bespin: Escape by Jend07): Play as Galen Marek, accompanied by the commandos (3rd team). Objective: Kill all the stormtroopers, defeat Boba Fett and Darth Vader.

7. Skirmish on Kamino. Kaminoans have restarted breeding rogue clones to fight against the stormtroopers. The Empire comes by again, sending in 10 Shadow Stormtroopers and 10 Storm Commandos to shut down the facility. Its up to the 6 Commandos to assist the rogue clones in defeating the empire here. Here you recruit 200 new rogue clones into your squad as commandos

8. Stormtroopers Suck Episode II: Play as the clone commandos this time on the ship, backed up with your 200 new commando recruits. 6 Imperial ships landed in the venator ship's left and top hangars, and its up to the Clone Commandos to take them down. Stormtroopers spawn and you have to kill them all, and destroy their ships with the help of the rebels. 200 Commandos vs 500 Stormtrooper and Pilots.

9. Battle of Endor, very straightforward. Use your new reinforcements to your benefit to assist the rebels and ewoks in destroying the shield generator. Gameplay is much more difficult as hundreds of Elite scout Troopers are on the rampage, spawning at unexpected points, armed to the teeth with sniper rifles, rocket launchers, chainguns, explosives of many varieties.  The battle finishes when the shield generator is blown up (All the Imperial CP's are removed, and the Rebel/Ewok Cps made non-capturable). I'm hoping I can make trees destructable.

Mod's status as of 6/20/12
CW era: 100%. I just need to look over a few more times for bugs
CW era maps 90%, still need to fix some bugs,
GCW era: 90% still working on vehicles and some weapons
GCW era maps 90% still working on bugs
Campaign Sides: 90% still working on bugs
Campaign Maps : 10% complete
Instant Action luas: 90%. I need to implement the random clone legion/random stormtrooper legion scripts into every map lua (won't be too hard but it'll be time consuming)
Campaign luas: 0.5% complete

Total completion of the mod: ~70%
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Wow! Can't wait! I'll definitely be following this W.I.P. more! :tu: