Windows 7 Audio Problems

Started by Vendetta, March 29, 2010, 08:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you've noticed my recent inactivity, I recently just installed Windows 7 on my laptop.  Everything seems to be running perfectly, the only problem is, my Audio device that was already installed doesn't seem to work.  I'm using an IBM T42 laptop, which has had this problem before, which was only when I was running on Linux, which eventually was solved by itself.  I've tried installing a Windows XP audio, which was recommended by my brother that said it should work but didn't(http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-55386.htmlFrom this site).  Can someone help me?

Newest one!

i had a similar issue when upgrading from Windows Vista Home basic to ultimate, i found that the issue automatically fixed itself once i downgraded back to basic. srry this cant help much, im not a Windows expert. 

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Wouldn't happen to know any sites that have Thinkpad T42 audio drivers for Windows 7.  Looked everywhere, all I can find for the latest on Thinkpad is an XP driver that didn't work.

Newest one!

would drivers be specific to the product and not to the OS it is connected to?

The company that makes the device used in your laptop appears to be defunct. No drivers have been pushed out for the system since Vista.

I would imagine that you're not going to be able to find anything to solve the issue. You may simply have to downgrade until you can a.) get a new computer or b.) find a catchall driver somewhere.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Don't really want to downgrade, and don't really have the money right now to buy a new laptop.  This ones is an old one my brother used until my dad got an extra one from his office.  Think he used it for maybe like 2 years, then my brother used for 2 years, now I have had for a year now maybe.  This thing is like ancient to computer standards.  Guess I'll just have to suck it up without any volume for a while.

Newest one!

downgrading will fix your issue. Idk if this is correct but cant you just buy speakers with some sort of integrated sound card? there you could have speakers on Win7 or whatever our usin.

Yes, downgrading will fix the issue, and I am sure there are speakers with sound cards with them, I just doubt there are any specific ones for my laptop.  I would have to look into it.

Newest one!

Perhaps the problem came from the change in the OS's?
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay