Droid or iPhone

Started by Soap Mactavish, January 09, 2010, 09:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 09, 2010, 09:29:28 AM Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 12:51:38 PM by Russell
for anyone that is interested, Apple is expected to be releasing a new line of mac pros, macbook pros, and a new touch screen mac. The release date is most likely january 24-26. These new computers are expected to be receiving i5 and i7 technology. The new touch mac should be hitting stores sometime in late march and a possible new release of a new Apple operating system is coming closer.

Microsoft: Microsoft's new Windows 7 release seems to be a great hit. It's new touch screen technology can be very useful at times but some are skeptical. during microsoft's rein with Vista, MS lost nearly 10% of its consumers (7% to mac and 3% to linux). even thought MS continues to lose consumers it's stock continues to rise. currently MS is at 30.66 while Apple is at 211.98, Apple is clearly dwarfing Microsoft at the moment.

Android or Iphone OS, which will win?
PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE. THIS IS THE ONE TIME EVER I WILL DISAGREE WITH APPLE :P
I believe that android has the best chance for success in this market compared to iPhone OS. Due to apple having a stick up their *** when i comes to their code. Apple has banned the use of iPhone OS on anything but their product. Whereas google, has allowed the use of their operating system on all phoens compatible. i have used both iPhone and Droid eris. before droid came along i thought iPhone was the best thing on the market, but i got a HTC droid eris for christmas and i have seen the light (android is better). Also, Google has just released its first of several "superphones" which ,as before uncontended, has beat iPhone with flying colors on internal hardware. The nexus one boasts a 1GHZ processor. IN A PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                             
In conclusion, the android will soon outdo the iPhone once the Android app stores reaches iPhones app store, which shouldnt take long since the "market" is getting more apps submitted to it at a faster rate than the app store did. therefore, i determine that android will outclass iPhone in a year-ish.
APPLES MISTAKE! apple should have released their phone to more than one carrier instead of putting it on a unattractive mobile network like AT&T. people would rather put their phone on the cheapest network instead of a expensive monopoly.

UPDATE ON APPLE TABLET

Some sources at Apple have released that the Apple Tablet will feature a 3G network connection (possible 4G). It is guaranteed (probably) if it does offer this feature it will be available for verizon and some others.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Thanks for the update. I'm interested in the new touch mac and new OS. I doubt I'll buy a touch mac though. Do you have any idea if it will be a whole new line of OSs or just another OS further along the Mac OS X line?

By the way, I love those updated stocks!

January 09, 2010, 04:45:32 PM #2 Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 11:49:33 AM by MacBook Snow
 i try and keep updated on apple's stock. themac touch is looking to be priced around 1000$. The Os that will be running on that mac will be using an entirly new operating system thats for sure, the only question is; will it be like a big iPhone or a touch screen MAC OS X. If the route is the latter option then Apple will need a different OS to have all the functionality available.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon