18 Years Today

Started by Giftheck, September 21, 2022, 11:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Happy 18th birthday, Star Wars: Battlefront! The game was released September 21, 2004.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Oops! Happy belated birthday

Our game can vote and drink now (in the UK anyway)

Amazing that I put that disk in my PS2 18 years ago and we're all still playing now.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I didn't get the game until a few years after it had been out, guessing '06 or '07, and I played it obsessively for a while since it was my first non-tactical FPS.

Funny thing was that, at the time, I always dreamed of how awesome it'd be to be able to create new maps and factions and stuff for the game, since at the time I didn't know modding was a thing. Then, one day, I discovered the old SWBFFiles site by accident, and downloaded my first mod map (it was Majin Revan's Thule Moon: Remnants), and I remembered just being blown away. So I got the tools and was so excited just at being able to do it, that I wound up releasing probably five or so crappy maps before I even knew what I was doing.

Good times.