Character wont stop walking. Very delayed button inputs.

Started by SolidSoul, February 12, 2021, 12:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 12, 2021, 12:27:42 AM Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 12:50:19 AM by SolidSoul
I just got my Star Wars battlefront (2004) (original non steam) back up and running with the full-screen mod. The issue I'm having though is that When I move my character it won't stop walking. It's like all my button presses think I'm holing down for an extremely long amount of time. Anyone ever had this problem or know what it is? Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

Edit:
I just alt+tabbed out to desktop and there is an Error popup with the title "httv" System Error. Code 1400. Invalid Window handle

Have you tried running it without the mod?
Also, which mod did you download?  A link would be good.
Thanks!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

suggest you unplug and reconnect your keyboard
(are you using windows 10?)
make sure the accessibility features (sticky keys) are turned off and cannot be easily turned on
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I just tried it without the mod and that too is having the issue. I'm on a windows 10 laptop so I cant unplug the keyboard. I'll try reinstalling the game again and let you guys know if it still has the issue.

if you have an external keyboard, try to plug it into the usb port and see if that helps
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Okay, so I reinstalled and it didn't fix it. The Error was still poping up, so I used Everything to search my computer for Httv. Turns out it was a monitoring time management program that I forgot I had. I disabled it and now it works! Funny though, the Httv program must not like something in Star wars battlefront lol.