Map Viewer tool for Battlefront 2015

Started by awjones3000, April 10, 2024, 07:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was wondering if anyone knew of any tools that existed to be able to freecam around a model of the game's maps, or for any tools that were able to extract the map models for importing into programs such as Blender?

Not many people here will be able to offer expertise on the EA titles.

However, I do know the program 'Frosty Editor' (google it) is used to extract materials, models etc from both EA titles.

There is no map viewer / editor as far as I am aware. Which is why there haven't been any attempts to make custom maps.

Be aware due to licenses as they stand you are not permitted to rip models from the EA titles and mod them into the classic titles.

That sounds perfect, thank you.

I am just interested in using certain maps as reference.  Giftheck has inspired me with his demakes of EA maps and I know it's pretty ambitious, but I want to try to recreate some smaller maps from the 2015 game.

What I had to do was use the PRIMA game guide for overhead maps, and then take a ton of reference screenshots ingame for object placement.

Unfortunately, there is unlikely to be a map viewer for SWBF2015 anytime soon. They have just begun being able to make custom maps in SWBF2 2017, but I have no idea what their method is.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: awjones3000 on April 10, 2024, 09:01:28 AMThat sounds perfect, thank you.

I am just interested in using certain maps as reference.  Giftheck has inspired me with his demakes of EA maps and I know it's pretty ambitious, but I want to try to recreate some smaller maps from the 2015 game.
oh exciting! Any maps in particular?

My personal dream would be to remake the Bespin Walker Assault map.

But if I ever get around to mapping again (only ever made the one) I guess I'd have to try something smaller!

My two favorites were Rebel Depot and Administrator's Palace, I think those would be a great way to slowly learn about map making.  I would love to also be able to work up to making Jundland Wastes, that one was my favorite larger size map.

Using the methods Giftheck mentioned above is really smart.  I need to find my game guide and start taking a bunch of screenshots/videos.