Game Nights and 15 year celebration of SWBF

Started by Led, August 03, 2019, 01:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi--this is Buckler aka Led from www.SWBFgamers.com

You are receiving this email since you are registered at our website and have elected to receive the occasional email.

Star Wars: Battlefront is celebrating 15 years of gaming in December this year.

I wanted to make you aware of some new developments for the original Star Wars: Battlefront (SWBF) and Star Wars Battlefront II (SWBF2) for the PC and PS2 player communities.

We host games for the PC and PS2 community of SWBF and SWBF2 players.  (For more information about the PS2 community, see:  www.theswbfc.com )

Gamespy no longer works, but we have a replacement master server called GameMaster that is has the exact same functionality as Gamespy.  Our version of Gamemaster is called SWBFspy.com.  With a simple file replacement, we are playing SWBF and SWBF2 (non-GoG) online again.

The patch and installation instructions are available at www.SWBFgamers.com right here at this link:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=13356.0

We miss the old days when a lot of people filled the SWBF servers.  We invite you to find your old game disk or purchase on Steam, patch SWBF and SWBF2 for new online play and join us each Friday evening and Saturday afternoon (US - Eastern time) to play, and culminating for a weekend of gaming on December 7th to celebrate the 15 year anniversary of this great game.

If you need the game, you can buy a set of SWBF disks through ebay, or it is now available through Steam and GoG (multiplayer patch required).

If you just like single player, you will be amazed at some of the new mod maps available--particularly those created by Sereja in our downloads section:
https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=25

We hope to see you on the front.

All the best,
Led
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

This is your friendly reminder that this is coming in 2 days!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Hey Led, what time does this event begin on Saturday?
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

all day, but i wont be on until the afternoon
it;s a come if you can and when you can event   :cheers:

Yeah I'll be on about 2 or 3 PM EST
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Play the 15 others that are not.   ;)

I gotta see who's all on tomorrow. Logged in (been a while) to check in and see what's new and sure enough this was going on. Glad to see this place still a kickin!  :cheers:
photobucket limit image removed