Battlefront II Dedicated Server .exe fails to launch [RESOLVED]

Started by iamastupid, January 09, 2019, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have a NFO Virtual Machine running Windows Server 2012 r2 with one of the intentions being to host Battlefront II servers, while the GoG server has been giving me issues this is not where I would discuss them since that is outside of console. I tried hosting a PS2 server on it because of this and that itself presented a new issue.
I followed the tutorial here: to the point.
I have also tried searching for similar cases of this issue with both PS2 and PC Server files and found none.
The issue is when I run the server from the server manager (Which is set to PS2) the Battlefront.exe (Which is the swbfspy patched version however same results with original) will immediately crash upon opening, causing the SM to say the server is running and then disconnected and due to auto restarts causes those effects to repeat until told to stop.
My theory is it is due to the executable not being supported by the OS anymore, similar to the Munge files in the Mod Tools however I could easily be wrong. If anyone has any other ideas what could cause the server exec to not work or if it seems my theory is the case any resolutions to the problem or any help would be appreciated?

That is the OS I am using.  I will see if I can upload my installation here for you to use.

install the server then drop this in and see if it helps

https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1477

if that does not work, I will upload the entire folder (but it is large)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

After doing a clean install and that .exe it seems to have been resolved.
Still don't know what might've caused it but it works fine now.
Thanks.