2005 Battlefront 2 is now available on Origin

Started by AnthonyBF2, December 21, 2018, 12:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
2005 Battlefront II appears to now be on Origin, currently priced at $4 at the time of writing this message. I have tested and confirmed that the Origin version is using the old Gamespy protocols for multiplayer, which of course, doesn't exist anymore. Installing the SWBFspy fix allows the Origin version to get online. This would also mean that modders would need to use the old 1.3 r129 patch instead of the new 1.3 r129 patch fit for Steam & GOG. The rest of the game appears to be the same as always.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Of course they wouldn't give it its online capability back. They're afraid it might outsell their own SWBF2.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

It's funny how the description for the game includes this little blurb:

QuotePLUS Improved Online Features - Engage in massive online battles with multiplayer action for up to 64 players. Play five different online game modes including Conquest, Assault, one-and two-flag Capture the Flag, and Hunt.

Yet online multiplayer doesn't even work at all. Well done EA.

Also, not Battlefront-related, but KOTOR 2 doesn't appear to have its latest updates either. It doesn't have native widescreen support or resolutions up to 5k (unless I'm missing something). KOTOR 1 doesn't have Origin DRM integrated into the game's executable (which is really more of a good thing than a bad thing, I suppose). Instead, Origin uses a launcher to run the game. And of course, that launcher does have Origin DRM. But if you just run the main executable instead of the launcher, you can actually launch KOTOR 1 without being logged into Origin. No clue why they did it that way since KOTOR 2 does have Origin DRM integrated into its executable. Seems pretty unprofessional to me.

That description is just a cut and paste from when it launched in 2004.

As far as KOTOR 1 goes, I suspect they can't find the source code, so the best they could do was make the new launcher  ;)

Quote from: DylanRocket on December 21, 2018, 12:35:46 PM
It's funny how the description for the game includes this little blurb:

Yet online multiplayer doesn't even work at all. Well done EA.

Also, not Battlefront-related, but KOTOR 2 doesn't appear to have its latest updates either. It doesn't have native widescreen support or resolutions up to 5k (unless I'm missing something). KOTOR 1 doesn't have Origin DRM integrated into the game's executable (which is really more of a good thing than a bad thing, I suppose). Instead, Origin uses a launcher to run the game. And of course, that launcher does have Origin DRM. But if you just run the main executable instead of the launcher, you can actually launch KOTOR 1 without being logged into Origin. No clue why they did it that way since KOTOR 2 does have Origin DRM integrated into its executable. Seems pretty unprofessional to me.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet