Fortnite

Started by Led, August 04, 2018, 09:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone playing Fortnite on PC? 

If so, how is it?   I hear it is 3rd person, so I may be interested.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

August 04, 2018, 12:06:40 PM #1 Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 12:08:50 PM by Red04 (CC-4398)
A few weeks ago I started playing Fortnite, in fact in my country it has become a mass phenomenon.

The game includes two modes: Battle Royale and Save the World. The first one is free and consists in a shooter (in 3rd person) where you can join a game depending on whether if you want to play alone, in a duo (2 players), in a squad (4 players) or 50 vs 50. The objective is simple but at the same time complicated: you must finish the last one on foot to win the game with a Magisterial Victory. In addition, you'll start the game inside a flying bus that passes over an island where you must choose a point for the parachute drop. The map contains buildings and different structures, inside them you will find weapons and other useful objects such as shields, but be careful if there are enemies nearby! One of the characteristics of Fortnite is that they can kill you very quickly if you aren't fast enough and don't build to stop the shots (yes, in this game you can build, and you'll discover it yourself :) ).

Moreover, each time you finish a game you will level up and unlock things (they can be dances, costumes or weapons). Keep in mind that unlockables as the costumes are only available in the Battle Pass which is paid. I must also say that this Battle Pass only gives you new costumes and little else, because everything related to skill level doesn't mean any improvement. This last detail depends on how each one plays (sometimes even the speed of your PC as it is my case :P).

I think I've already explained enough about Fortnite, if anyone is interested in trying Fortnite, here I am! :D
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

I gave it a try a few minutes ago.

I got killed very easily--is it correct that there is no "respawn" ?

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on August 04, 2018, 12:13:06 PM
I gave it a try a few minutes ago.

I got killed very easily--is it correct that there is no "respawn" ?

Yup, it's a jolly enough arcade experience in that sense.

The skill ceiling can be quite high what with the building mechanic.
I would recommend playing in squads or 50v50 to get used to controls, weapons and mechanics.

I prefer PUBG to be honest. I prefer Battle Royal games without the building mechanic. But due to the success of PUBG and Fortnite, many more games are going to have Battle Royal modes in years to come.

I admit that during the time I've been playing Fortnite I've only managed to kill 5 players. :'(
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

April 16, 2019, 10:58:04 AM #6 Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:59:41 AM by Black Water
I've been playing fortnite as well! It's very similar to SWBF imo, except for the building. I play on mobile so I can't give you any tips on controls. It's good to always shoot and build right after to give you the high ground. Rinse and repeat. This method has gotten me 1000+ wins and over 17000+ kills.

A few things you've got to practice on to get good: Editing, Building (90's, 180's, wall/floor/ramp/ rush), Aim, Switching weapons. If you need any specific tips LMK. Anyone is free to PM me their IGN so we can run a few games together and represent SWBF.