swbf-unmunge - v1.1.1

Started by SleepKiller, July 06, 2017, 10:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I can't say what's up with the strange characters, but looks like RepComm's tool isn't quoting it's paths.

swbf-unmunge.exe -files A:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Star Wars Battlefront II/GameData/Data/_lvl_pc/myg/myg1.lvl

Should be,
swbf-unmunge.exe -files "A:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Star Wars Battlefront II/GameData/Data/_lvl_pc/myg/myg1.lvl"

otherwise the path will split after "Star/" due to the space.

Thanks to both of you with the fast replies :D

I've applied quotes to my script but it still seems to be coming up with the same error though.

A:\Modding\Battlefront 2005\SWBFUnmunge\swbf-unmunge.exe -files "A:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\myg\myg1.lvl" -version swbf -imgfmt tga -platform pc -outversion swbf -verbose

Is this the correct command to use?

likely that you mean swbf2
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

June 01, 2018, 02:41:04 AM #138 Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 02:44:47 AM by RepComm
Ah, good catch SK!
Sleepkiller's tool usage says
Quote from: https://github.com/SleepKiller/swbf-unmunge/blob/master/readme.md-version <version> Set the game version of the input file. Can be 'swbf_ii' or 'swbf. Default is 'swbf_ii'.
-outversion <version> Set the game version the output files will target. Can be 'swbf_ii' or 'swbf. Default is 'swbf_ii'.

The GUI (both new and old) should be handling this correctly. I forgot about the underscore last post here.
Because your lvl is coming from swbf2 (steam), version should be swbf_ii (not something you'll have to worry about normally, just setting the switch in the GUI is fine and it's really wants it's doing anyways).

Final commands should be

A:\Modding\Battlefront 2005\SWBFUnmunge\swbf-unmunge.exe -files "A:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\myg\myg1.lvl" -version swbf_ii -imgfmt tga -platform pc -outversion swbf_ii -verbose

Or more likely (at least it's what I had to do)

A:/Modding/Battlefront 2005/SWBFUnmunge/swbf-unmunge.exe -files "A:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Star Wars Battlefront II/GameData/Data/_lvl_pc/myg/myg1.lvl" -version swbf_ii -imgfmt tga -platform pc -outversion swbf_ii -verbose

My terminal just likes forward slashes I guess.

I have to check first to be correct, but the newest reboot project for my GUI should handle paths just great. The quotes are automatically added because of using Node's path module instead of Java botchery.
It's still no excuse, and I'll patch the old version (if I can, I made that repo read-only. I'll see what I can do).

The only reason I'm not avidly pushing the use of the new java-less version instead of using the buggy old one is because I haven't built 32 bit yet, and I haven't written out the readme/instructions properly. Both of which are priority on my to-do with also patching the older project.

Well, my error message changed to just saying it can't access the file because higher elevation is needed, so that's honestly a step in the right direction. So it seems the path is all good now, it's just I need to move the file or change permissions.

Thanks guys you're both being a absolute help :)

I usually copy the .lvls I want to extract (or rather in my case test extracting) to the same folder as swbf-unmunge. You could give this a go as well, it should help sidestep the file access problems.

I've received permission from Rends to unmunge his Coruscant maps so I can alter the vehicle spawns. However, I can't open the outputted files in Zeroedit. It's the SWBF1 version, so I've used the SWBF switches.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

This is with v1.1.1 yeah? It did fix a bug that caused extracted .bnd and .prp files to crash Zero Editor on load.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 12, 2018, 05:47:45 AM
This is with v1.1.1 yeah? It did fix a bug that caused extracted .bnd and .prp files to crash Zero Editor on load.

Yes.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Cool, just double checking! I don't have time to chase it down myself right now but I'd suggest starting by trying a process of elimination if you haven't already. Change the extension on all the world files (.pth, .lyr, etc) to have '.ignore' on the end, except the .wld file itself.

Then try loading the world, if it loads remove '.ignore' from one of the other world files and try again. Repeat until you get a crash.

If you get a crash on the first one it means there is either something wrong with an .odf, .msh or the .wld file itself.

If you do some testing be sure to let me know what it turns up.

Yeah, it's doing it on the WLD file after I've followed your instructions to make the editor ignore everything else. I wouldn't think it's the MSH/ODF files that are the problem as I've tried both the unmunged ones and the officially-released Rends building/prop assets for the map.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Straight away or does it go through the loading bar a bit? Can you post or PM me the .wld file?

August 13, 2018, 02:47:08 AM #147 Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:51:34 AM by Gistech
Just goes right up to the end of loading then Zeroedit closes itself.

I've sent you the code for the WLD file via PM.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I got it to work after deleting the MSH and ODF folders and replacing them with the ones from Rends' official assets release.
In Progress:

On Hold:

hello, everyone
is this umunge program actually working?
every time i try to umunge even the smallest lvl file i get an error:
"Message: Size of supplied memory is less than size of supposed chunk."
does anyone have a solution? or maybe there is another way to edit modded content? thanks