[WIP] Scarif: Beach

Started by Giftheck, May 17, 2017, 02:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, since your map was too big (mostly because of the overhuge textures), I had manage to take only terrain&water with its belonged textures, REQ, .wld .pth .pln .rgn sky, Mission LUAs and only few props (CP's and palms). So those oranges may be was from stock Geonosis start map, automaticaly generated by BFbuilder.
I had totaly replace your .sky file by my version (which was sent to you), and add detail texture to the terrain via BFbuilder. That was all changes or at least some of of them which I remember...  :shrug:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

July 17, 2017, 04:56:07 AM #16 Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:01:08 AM by Gistech
I've been considering ditching this version of the map and rebuilding it smaller anyway: I like where I was going with some of it but it could definitely be condensed. It was a great learning opportunity, though! At least I know how to make a map now!
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

this was your first time?
and you still can probally do it better than me. :dry:

hope it all goes well for you!  :cheers:
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

Quote from: Linux user Awesome on July 17, 2017, 05:24:51 AM
this was your first time?
and you still can probally do it better than me. :dry:

hope it all goes well for you!  :cheers:

Yup. Up to this point I had never made a map, only mods. I figured it was a skill worth learning. All it takes is some practice and patience.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on July 18, 2017, 03:14:40 PM
All it takes is some practice and patience.

and a good idea and good planning.(those are the hardest for me.)
I find it easier if I draw the map first on paper or with gimp.

Quote from: Gistech on July 17, 2017, 04:56:07 AM
I've been considering ditching this version of the map and rebuilding it smaller anyway.

In my experence with maps that happens alot.

Best of luck to you Gistech!  :cheers:
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

I've scrapped the original map (which was huge) and will be redoing it using Kashyyyk: Islands as a base. I'm also going to be releasing it separate from Legacy, but will likely be incorporating it into Legacy at a later date.
In Progress:

On Hold:

It has been a looooooooong time since I updated this thread.

Since then, I've basically scrapped this iteration map and started from scratch. Much like Naboo: Theed Supremacy, I decided to base this map on the Landing Pad 13 map from SWBF 2015. Then Scarif came out for SWBF2 2017 and I added a few changes based on that.

Here's some screenshots:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
In Progress:

On Hold:

holy shore troopers death troopers and so on can this get any better
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Thank you :)

Here's the minimap so you can get an idea of the map itself. It has 6 command posts, the Empire has the AT-ACT and two TIE Strikers, while the Rebels have the U-Wing.

In Progress:

On Hold:

That mini map is looking great!
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

August 27, 2020, 10:27:00 AM #25 Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 06:50:27 AM by Giftheck
Couple more screenies. Certain things have been tweaked around a bit. The sand is still being colour-adjusted.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
In Progress:

On Hold:

Here's a video of the Empire side.

In Progress:

On Hold:

And some Rebels gameplay

In Progress:

On Hold:

Looking great, those blaster sounds are fab in context.

In Progress:

On Hold: