Civ4

Started by Rexy, November 15, 2009, 03:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
When i try to play civilization 4 on my mac it comes up with a message.

Failed Loading XML file Assets//XML\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml.

I really want to play civ4. I just got a new external cd drive but it works when i play empire at war.
Does anyone know whats wrong and how I can fix it?

try reinstalling to game

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

I know that the auto-patcher doesn't work on Mac; it tries to download the PC version causing the game to crash. You will have to download the patch off of versiontracker.com and install it manually (well, use the built in installer in the download file) to upgrade.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

November 16, 2009, 03:59:41 PM #5 Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 04:05:56 PM by Mac
Check out LINK REMOVED. The file is there. I'm sorry if this is illegal. This should be a non-corrupted file. Replace your file with this one.

Mac

EDIT: Sorry I had to remove the link.

It's a part of Civ4, it's copyrighted, it's illegal to distribute :(

#TYBG

Quote from: ag on November 16, 2009, 04:02:55 PM
It's a part of Civ4, it's copyrighted, it's illegal to distribute :(

But he owns the game? He's paid his money for the game. I'll take it down though.

If you read the copyright, technically even lending the game to someone is against the law, and distributing any files from the disc is also addressed as against the copyright.

you guys are rally sad. its not like the government is going to search for illegal activity here....

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

It's not that Russell. I pirate all the time (sadly). This forum, more importantly HostGator strictly forbids illegal content.

#TYBG

Regardless of our host's rules, I strictly forbid illegal content. You post it, you get banned. End of story.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

I think this topic has run its course.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)