question about how much a pc would cost

Started by Xfire Keenmike aka cull, November 04, 2009, 10:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 04, 2009, 10:40:03 AM Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 10:45:30 AM by keenmike
my pc is so crazy. you ask how crazy is it? my pc is so crazy that it can retexture the tga files of a game in seconds. it is all random when it does it. i mainly play swbf1 and my pc will retexture the whole game play about 50 percent of the time. so i ask how much would that cost if you could put a price tag on it. i am curious to see if you have a cool conversation about my idea of trying to recreate the same out come in a second build. also what do you think the odds are that it can be recreated. i have had similar conversations with an xfire friend phazon. i havent seen him here, so i ask you guys. i know its alot to ask but i am serious. my humor sometimes slips a skip so forgive me sometimes k.

It all depends on what you want in there. You can get gaming PC's at a relatively decent price, but it also depends on what you are going to be using it for, if you can give more information, I'm sure I and some others can help you out with configuring a build for a decent price.

i am sorry, my quest is more sofware related.

You need to make it more clear as to what you are looking for then. I am now officially perplexed.

Sigh... time to feed the trolls...

Quote from: keenmike on November 04, 2009, 10:40:03 AM
my pc is so crazy that it can retexture the tga files of a game in seconds.

That's all it takes to munge TGA files. I don't see how that's "crazy". Retexturing is different than munging so I am unsure to which one you are referring to.

it is all random when it does it. i mainly play swbf1 and my pc will retexture the whole game play about 50 percent of the time.

WHAT is all random? Elaborate on that please. Also, there is no "default time" that it takes to munge all of the Factions. It all relies on the speed of the hardware you have. So for it to be done in half the time is not a valid statement.

Quote from: keenmike on November 04, 2009, 10:40:03 AMso i ask how much would that cost if you could put a price tag on it.

You never even told us the system specifications of your computer. How are we to put a price tag on it solely relying on how fast you think your computer munges?

i am curious to see if you have a cool conversation about my idea of trying to recreate the same out come in a second build. also what do you think the odds are that it can be recreated.
It can ALWAYS be recreated (proper term would be rebuilt) unless your computer is a prototype. I'm pretty sure it isn't a prototype.

Quote from: keenmike on November 04, 2009, 10:40:03 AMi have had similar conversations with an xfire friend phazon. i havent seen him here, so i ask you guys. i know its alot to ask but i am serious. my humor sometimes slips a skip so forgive me sometimes k.

Well if you ask me, post something a bit more useful. For example, the system specs of it. Then I'll judge. Last thing I want to say is use grammar, please. It's not that hard to hold the shift key to start a new sentence.

#TYBG

how much would sofware or a program cost if it could allow you to retexture a game like swbf1 in seconds. what happens can be described in one of my videos. what if the program or software could produce what the outcome is in my video.

What are you asking for though, you want retexturing software? Cos that doesn't get done in a couple of seconds, that takes a long time. Or are you trying to fix the messed up skin?

Quote from: .invertus on November 06, 2009, 09:11:10 AM
retexturing software?                           in a couple of seconds
lets focus on that, how much do you think that would cost? random retexturing sofware done in seconds.

No such thing exists as I know of. Such a program would be extremely complicated, either requiring the program to know the names of the files it is retexturing, or to just go for every .tga file in there (If I remember thats what SWBF uses anyway). Texturing normally involves someone physically doing it via a graphics program, and in a lot of cases photosourcing textures first.

this happens to my pc, and i hope to find someone that knows what it might be that could cause. i wont give up looking and i thank you all for your help.

This problem probably involves your graphics card (or at least your drivers). Seeing the video convinces me there isn't software that exists that can fix that.

#TYBG

i dont want to fix it. i would like to know how to recreate it. thanks, i hope to talk to nvidia people about this subject.