SMF 2.0.12 to be installed

Started by Led, October 01, 2016, 07:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
The forum will be upgraded in the next couple of days to 2.0.12, an incremental update to the SMF 2.x software.

I am backing up all of our files prior to our upgrade process, so you may notice a slow down with the site.

If there are any issue after the upgrade, please let me know.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Will there be any new features with this?

And what is it about?
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Nyx on October 01, 2016, 07:52:35 AM

And what is it about?
Dear Members,

Simple Machines Forum has released a new patch to the 2.0.x line, bringing our latest release version to 2.0.12.

This patch is a security and maintenance release, which focuses on fixing a couple of minor bugs, while adding some enhancements and a patch to a security vulnerability reported in the software. Therefore, it is important that you install this patch in a timely manner.

If you are running version 2.0.11, you can upgrade your forum to the latest version by using the package manager. As usual, you should see the upgrade notification in the admin panel notifications and in the package manager, which will allow you to download and install the patch seamlessly.  If you don't see the notification about the upgrade patch, please run the scheduled task "Fetch Simple Machines files" from the Scheduled Tasks page (Admin > Maintenance > Scheduled Tasks > Fetch Simple Machines Files (check the "Run Now" checkbox and click the "Run Now" button)).

If you use older versions of SMF, you can upgrade directly to 2.0.12 from whichever version you are currently using by using the "full upgrade" archive from the downloads page. Be aware that using this upgrade method will require you to reinstall any customizations that you have added to your forum, so if you are running a version of the 2.0.x series, it is recommended that you apply the successive patches instead of using the full upgrade.

You can view the change log for the latest release, as usual, on the downloads page.

If you are having problems downloading the patch from the admin panel, you can download the patch package from the upgrade patches page and install it via the package manager, as you would any other mod package

Please refer to the Online Manual for more details about:
Upgrading
Patching

Thank you for using SMF!

Regards,
Simple Machines Forum
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on October 01, 2016, 07:59:09 AM

Forums never really get fun updates. But it's understandable.

October 01, 2016, 08:10:09 AM #4 Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:12:32 AM by TheGangstarTY
Has anyone tried logging in to SMF's official site? Their verification is  :censored: , if this is what the login system is going to be like I think I'll be forced to leave. Their "enter the letters in the image" crap is annoying. I seriously CANNOT pass it. I mean hell, put it in binary because I'll crack that quicker than their deformed verification system.

PS: 01000101 01000001 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100100 01101111 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100010 01100101 01110100 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01101010 01101111 01100010 00101110
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on October 01, 2016, 08:10:09 AM
Has anyone tried logging in to SMF's official site? Their verification is  :censored: , if this is what the login system is

Our verification system will not change.

You should not notice any changes at all.  I only made this post in case some of our addons stop working for some (remotely possible) reason.

Chill my peeps  ;)

Quote from: Nyx on October 01, 2016, 07:52:35 AM

And what is it about?

It is easier to apply incremental updates rather than major updates.  Generally, these are security fixes and not any functional changes to anything.

Quote from: Led on October 01, 2016, 09:05:41 AM
It is easier to apply incremental updates rather than major updates.  Generally, these are security fixes and not any functional changes to anything.

Okay, I was just wondering because sometimes with updates you get small little features.

Here is the full changelog

[spoiler]
Changelog
=========
- Fixed word censor injection by disallowing an empty 'proper word'
- Fixed vulnerable unserialize() code by converting all instances to safe_unserialize()
- Added a more thorough safe_unserialize() function to prevent object injection
- Fixed bug where leaving a custom profile field blank on registration that has an email mask would throw an error
- Fixed PayPal integration to comply with their new forced SSL policy
- Fixed bug where notifications were sent for messages in inaccessible boards
- Fixed editor to make the editor work with Microsoft Edge
- Fixed issue where smiley popup window is blank on iOS 9 devices
- Fixed WYSIWYG editor in mobile devices
- Fixed an undefined $_POST['icon'] in Sources/Post.php
- Fixed a minor bug in Login2()
- Fixed an issue where SMF doesn't recognize new domain names and considers these as invalid
- Fixed an issue where SMF would allow empty BBC
- Fixed an issue where theme variants could not be selected
- Fixed an issue where the file version of Subs-Post.php could have been 2.0.8 or 2.0.11. It will be updated to 2.0.12 in either case.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Led on October 01, 2016, 10:10:46 AM
Here is the full changelog

[spoiler]
Changelog
=========
- Fixed word censor injection by disallowing an empty 'proper word'
- Fixed vulnerable unserialize() code by converting all instances to safe_unserialize()
- Added a more thorough safe_unserialize() function to prevent object injection
- Fixed bug where leaving a custom profile field blank on registration that has an email mask would throw an error
- Fixed PayPal integration to comply with their new forced SSL policy
- Fixed bug where notifications were sent for messages in inaccessible boards
- Fixed editor to make the editor work with Microsoft Edge
- Fixed issue where smiley popup window is blank on iOS 9 devices
- Fixed WYSIWYG editor in mobile devices
- Fixed an undefined $_POST['icon'] in Sources/Post.php
- Fixed a minor bug in Login2()
- Fixed an issue where SMF doesn't recognize new domain names and considers these as invalid
- Fixed an issue where SMF would allow empty BBC
- Fixed an issue where theme variants could not be selected
- Fixed an issue where the file version of Subs-Post.php could have been 2.0.8 or 2.0.11. It will be updated to 2.0.12 in either case.
[/spoiler]

Seems interesting, but what's that login bug they talked about?

Quote from: Led on October 01, 2016, 09:04:42 AM
Our verification system will not change.

You should not notice any changes at all.  I only made this post in case some of our addons stop working for some (remotely possible) reason.

Chill my peeps  ;)

Thank God. I'd rather not be tortured with some MI6 verification process each time.

Quote from: Led on October 01, 2016, 09:05:41 AM

Talking of changes, may I bring back the request for likes on posts? I can't remember the exact reason it was removed before, but I've realized a couple of comments that I guess wouldn't have been so necessary if we had likes:
Quote from: Nyx on September 18, 2016, 11:07:14 AM
If comments could have likes, I'd like this. ^^
Quote from: Commander Awesome on September 18, 2016, 11:19:42 AM
If comments could have likes, I would like this. :P

I'm pretty sure the reason the feature was removed was because people didn't like it or something?

Quote from: Led on October 01, 2016, 07:46:35 AM
The forum will be upgraded in the next couple of days to 2.0.12

QuoteSMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
so is it already done?

Quote from: Ltin on October 01, 2016, 02:08:17 PM
so is it already done?

yes.  I got the files backed up and went for it.

Quote from: Led on October 01, 2016, 02:36:42 PM
yes.  I got the files backed up and went for it.

Ah okay, that's good.

I thought it would've took longer, but looks like it didn't.

October 03, 2016, 10:29:14 AM #14 Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:35:00 AM by Cdt Fox
3rd post in the SAME time....What the hell....

I took the liberty to translate.... :wacko:

[spoiler]Welcome friends!

Fertilizer- mineral substances having the nature of inorganic origin. They are traditionally used in agriculture, as they are more affordable than organic produce quick positive effect and have a wide spectrum of action. They are also much easier and cheaper to transport.
1) buy ammonium nitrate in Minsk - Chemical fertilizers can be bought in Minsk by self for 20 minutes, or c dostavkoy.Pokupaya operating with us, you can order products, both wholesale and retail. Close to customers always have discounts in the amount corresponding to the value of the transaction between us.
2) mineral fertilizers to buy Minsk - We offer you to purchase only the complex preparations that allow fully satisfy the needs of the plants after treatment. Our suppliers are in the state qualified professionals able to accurately perform calculations and analysis of soil, and on the basis of these indicators for you to create a fertilizer with an ideal set of macro-and micronutrients.
3) to buy inorganic fertilizers - Each product through rigorous clinical trials on different types of soil, and only then launched into serial production. You can use our products not only for large Agrocorporation with thousands of hectares of land, but also for upgrading the infield, summer crops.
4) mineral fertilizers in Belarus - We make sure that our service was provided by a high-level. In this we are helped by the presence of the head office and warehouses for finished products, dealer network. In addition, we value our reputation and are responsible for the quality of our product.
We would be pleased to see on our site, click the link
With all my heart to you all the best![/spoiler]

EVERYTHING after are links to website.... :blink:
Deleting those 3 post should be a good thing...lol..
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif