The Clone Wars Battlefield Mod WIP

Started by i2Bros, August 31, 2016, 07:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: i2Bros on October 01, 2016, 12:05:30 PM
To the mod alpha testers, stay tuned for the new alpha 1.2 ;)

Alpha 1.2? Ooo
The years just fly past, don't they?

October 01, 2016, 12:56:12 PM #31 Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:55:24 PM by i2Bros
Quote from: Nyx on October 01, 2016, 12:18:37 PM
Alpha 1.2? Ooo

Do you wanna be an alpha tester? Post a comment here: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=11050.0

EDIT:

Here I have some cool updates! I've been working on the 212th Battalion these days and these are the first results!

[spoiler]

An exclusive TCW style 212th Airborne Trooper

212th Medic Trooper
[/spoiler]

Thanks to Sereja and Ginev for the huge support in material editing ;)
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

I've just been testing on the map of Umbara, and I noticed that the gun on the UI is sticking out in the middle of the screen.

I'm not sure if I can post a screenshot of the bug.

Though, in the read me file you put in it states: "or take screenshots and share them where you want though" and as this is a bug report.

But, overall this mod is so fun at this time. I like all the different units and could I also get a list of the new units you have and which planets they're on?

October 04, 2016, 12:38:27 PM #33 Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:15:38 PM by i2Bros
Quote from: Nyx on October 04, 2016, 12:33:17 PM
I've just been testing on the map of Umbara, and I noticed that the gun on the UI is sticking out in the middle of the screen.

I'm not sure if I can post a screenshot of the bug.

Though, in the read me file you put in it states: "or take screenshots and share them where you want though" and as this is a bug report.

But, overall this mod is so fun at this time. I like all the different units and could I also get a list of the new units you have and which planets they're on?

I know, but I don't know how to fix that, it's not really a bug and I think it's really easy to fix. I'll come up with a solution as soon as possible.

Quote from: Cdt Fox on September 15, 2016, 09:48:02 AM
No, it's not a hud texture. This bug is th result of not having any hud.

First it appears with all new weapons models, not only the dc17 model.

You should fix this with Fragme! tut: (Tutorial and tools) http://www.mediafire.com/?hs83v01dyb7a969

Enjoy  :D

October 04, 2016, 12:40:17 PM #34 Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:06:01 PM by Nyx
Quote from: i2Bros on October 04, 2016, 12:38:27 PM
I know, but I don't know how to fix that, it's not really a bug and I think it's really easy to fix. I'll come up with a solution as soon as possible.

I also found this, but as the map wasn't originally made by you. It isn't really a bug report.

I also have something that you could improve on, the mini-gun on the jet trooper would look much cooler if he was holding it with two hands. I'm not sure if that's possible or not.

Quote from: Nyx on October 04, 2016, 12:40:17 PM
I also found this, but as the map wasn't originally made by you. It isn't really a bug report.

I also have something that you could improve on, the mini-gun on the jet trooper would look much cooler if he was holding it with two hands. I'm not sure if that's possible or not.

The map was converted by Deviss and I'm not really into map editing so I don't know how to fix that sadly.
For the 1st person animation for the minigun I'll ask Luke what I can do ;)

Quote from: i2Bros on October 04, 2016, 01:18:36 PM
The map was converted by Deviss and I'm not really into map editing so I don't know how to fix that sadly.
For the 1st person animation for the minigun I'll ask Luke what I can do ;)

I've also found an issue with the Umbaran soldier. The UI in first person including his gun doesn't seem to show up. The unit name is: OxDD0D352A

Quote from: Nyx on October 04, 2016, 01:23:33 PM
I've also found an issue with the Umbaran soldier. The UI in first person including his gun doesn't seem to show up. The unit name is: OxDD0D352A
That's what happens when a unit doesn't have a text string for its name.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on October 04, 2016, 01:41:48 PM

Oh, okay. If I ever get into modding, I'll understand what you mean. xD

Quote from: Commander Awesome on October 04, 2016, 01:41:48 PM

Exactly, I'm leaving that localization editing part for last since it's the least useful.  :P

Quote from: i2Bros on October 04, 2016, 01:59:55 PM
Exactly, I'm leaving that localization editing part for last since it's the least useful.  :P

I was wondering, I've been playing as Rex and testing him out but is it possible to have instead of one pistol firing in first person to have two? I'm not sure if it is and I can't really give me own opinion if it can be possible or not as I don't know  :censored: about modding. xD

Quote from: Nyx on October 04, 2016, 02:06:06 PM
I was wondering, I've been playing as Rex and testing him out but is it possible to have instead of one pistol firing in first person to have two? I'm not sure if it is and I can't really give me own opinion if it can be possible or not as I don't know  :censored: about modding. xD

that's because I can't find anywhere kinetosimpetus' first person dual pistols, the link is broken :/
So until I will figure out how to make/find a working dual pistol animation for first person consider that a placeholder ;)

Quote from: i2Bros on October 04, 2016, 02:11:57 PM
that's because I can't find anywhere kinetosimpetus' first person dual pistols, the link is broken :/
So until I will figure out how to make/find a working dual pistol animation for first person consider that a placeholder ;)

Oh and I love the models of Rex, Fives and one other troop that I forgot his name. Sorry. D:

I had some fun and took some screenshots of their epic looking models.

Quote from: Nyx on October 04, 2016, 02:18:51 PM
Oh and I love the models of Rex, Fives and one other troop that I forgot his name. Sorry. D:

I had some fun and took some screenshots of their epic looking models.

the troop is Dogma xD
Btw I love your screenshots! They are a lot smoother and cooler than mines!  :tu:
The credit for these awesome models goes to DEV, I have just reskinned them. By the way now I know how to make models from scratch, so it's time to introduce some jedis TCW models!

Quote from: i2Bros on October 04, 2016, 02:30:36 PM
the troop is Dogma xD
Btw I love your screenshots! They are a lot smoother and cooler than mines!  :tu:
The credit for these awesome models goes to DEV, I have just reskinned them. By the way now I know how to make models from scratch, so it's time to introduce some jedis TCW models!

Thanks. :D I simply use the screenshot option included with the game v1.3 patch and then I run them through a TGA viewer and then save them as PNG.

Maybe you could make Ashoka? She's one of my favorite jedi!